♔44♔

I was shocked by his words and stared blankly at him. He came forward with his repeated playful glances at me. Taking the bowl of ointment in his hand, he advanced it towards me and said, "Won't you?"

I didn't know what to do. On one hand, I don't want to talk to him much and on the other hand, he wants to approach me again and again. What is his purpose? Does he think that I will expose the fact that he married me by tricking me and his honor will be destroyed. But I'm not that bad. If I think about my own interests like him, then I will become just his equal, won't I?

After much hesitation, I took the bowl and he sat down on the floor with a smile of satisfaction. I took some ointment in my hand and started applying it on his wound. I fixed my gaze on his hand but his gaze was fixed on my face even though my hair was like an obstacle there but I didn't expect him to directly tuck my hair behind my ear with his hand. I was a little surprised but did not give any reaction.

Not going to lie, it really hurts me to see him in pain. However, he has risked his life to save me, even willing to kill himself and leave the kingdom. I probably owe him for that but I don't have the money or resources to pay this debt, maybe with this little help, it can pay off even a little.

"It is done..." I mumbled looking down as I let go of his hands. But still he was staring at me making me nervous & flustered. His stare was something that I can't even move away.

"Your Highness...." I mumbled & looked at him, locking our gazes. His eyes were dark & serious which kind of frightened me. His breath was continuously hitting me making me shiver.

"Did they hurt you?" These words came out like a sigh from his lips as if he was holding back his anger but who is he angry at? On me or on those magicians?

"No," I whispered as my heart started pounding for some unknown reason but I could probably guess why. It must be his nearness to me.

His hand automatically went to my cheek & I shuddered a little. His black liquid eyes were like devouring me from inside & it was impossible to look away from them. He caressed my cheek & every hair on my body stood on assembly. The staring contest was something that can't be described in words, just feelings.

 The staring contest was something that can't be described in words, just feelings

"Your Highness, the food is here," a soldier said from outside & Jungkook groaned in disappointment as it was an interruption but I was hapy that it stopped midway. I can apprehend he was attempting to kiss me but I promised to myself to stay away from him & what would I have answered to myself if we kissed?

He returned with a plate of food in which were some fruits. He said as he sat down putting the plate down, "Eat up. Going back to the palace, it will be early tomorrow."

I sat quietly for a while and then started eating slowly. I noticed that the prince was looking intently at me eating but he was not eating himself. Will he starve all night?