♔46♔

[Author's POV]

Queen Lalisa finished drinking her tea with the last sip from her tea cup. Placing the cup of tea on a tray held by a maid, she glanced around the room and was pleased to see that her son had not let anyone interfere with her taste even after all these years of her illness.

The queen's eyes are like the eyes of vultures! She is able to understand any person at a glance. And seeing her son's loyalty and respect for her made her realize how much Jungkook loves her and how much she could suffer for her. But in those pairs of eyes, she saw something else that stirred her mind. And that is.....his love and infatuation with Y/N.

Nah.....my son can't be taken away from me in any way.

She vowed to herself fisting her hands and beckoned to a close and personal nurse who has two identities. One to Queen Lalisa hidden to anyone else and the other to the rest of the palace and even to Prince Jungkook. The maid came to her and bowed her head, "Command me, Queen Mother."

"Any news about them?"

"I got to know they slept together in one room but it was not His Highness's," the maid said keeping her head lowered.

"That boy....uh...anything happened between them?" the queen narrowed her eyes.

"Pardon me, Your Highness. I can't say."

"Send a guard to Jungkook to tell him that I summoned him," seeing her seriousness, the maid was frightened and quickly left to carry out the order.

Queen began to think in her mind how to subdue her son when he comes. Yes, she is unhappy for Jungkook having feelings for her more than the fact he married her. She always wants to keep her son in her palms. Not just Jungkook, but the entire kingdom. Even she tried to put underfoot Jungkook's father, King Jeon Jaehyun of Incheon, but failed. But she will not leave her son out of hands, not at all.

Entering the room, Jungkook kisses his mother's hand and smiles at her, saying, "Dear mom...you called me, something urgent?"

"Yes, son. Have you been busy?" The queen said pouring all the affection into her eyes.

"Been with Y/N. But no matter how busy I am, I won't delay for a moment to come to your call," Jungkook answered honestly.

Hearing Y/N's name the Queen's smile turned sour on the inside but keeping her exterior bright, she said, "Come on, sit here. Y/N is fine?"

"Yes, she is. How are you, mother?" Jungkook asked as both of them sat down.

"I am fine. Just having a little headache but I am feeling well seeing you, dear," the voice affectionate enough to make Jungkook's heart melt. "I wanted to ask about your marriage."

"Marriage?" Jungkook asked with a little confusion on his face. "Yes, mother. Say it."

"You said I told you to marry Y/N but why can't I remember it?" This time the queen's question is honest as she really can't remember anything but still tried to find an opportunity out of this conversation.

"Yes but you never mentioned Y/N. I chose her," hearing upon the prince, the queen out of the blue said without controlling her emotions, "Why?"

She was as well as Jungkook was surprised by her sudden change of voice. She awkwardly laughed to change the matter & Jungkook joined her too.

"Why did you choose her?" she said taking out a heavy breath.

"She is the daughter of Kim Namjoon, the faithful commander of this kingdom. Besides, I know you will like her because she is humble, polite, virtuous and beautiful. More than that, I like her," Jungkook's emphasis on the last sentence made Lalisa even more agitated and angry inside.