♔14♔

[Y/N POV]

It was already noon. I was looking out of the window. There are thick dark clouds in the sky but no rain. Farmers are sitting at home in despair. I sighed and prayed that everything would be back to normal.

Suddenly someone knocked on my door. When I allowed in, the guard came in and said, "Your Highness, your new clothes have arrived."

"New clothes?" I said in surprise.

"Yes, His Highness ordered to prepare new cloths for you."

Hearing about it, a smiled bloomed in my lips. I went near the trunk & said, "You may leave."

When the gaurd left, I knelt before the trunk & smiled. He really gifted me new cloths. My heart was hammering in my chest with joy.

With much hesitation, I opened the door lid & was stunned to see the red fablic with stones plastered on it. When I was about to touch it....

There was knock at the door. The gaurds came in & said, "Your Highness, Chaewon wants to meet you."

She wants to meet me at this hour? I was a little surprised but then quietly went out of the 'Golden Path' to see her. I also forgot to close the trunk & thought I would close it after I return.

When she saw me, she said with a smile, "Are you free?"

"Yes, I am. What's the matter?" I asked curiously.

"Where is Prince Jungkook?"

"He has gone out of town & will return in the night. Why do you ask though?"

"You promised that you will eat with us. Now he is not here. Let's have lunch together," she smiled friendly.

"Well...let's go then," looking at her, I couldn't say no.

"But wait, I left my cloth trunk opened. Let me just close it," saying this, I was about to go but she pulled me back & said, "No need. You can do it later. The food is getting cold. Let's go now."

She took me along with her & I shoved away the thoughts of closing the lid.

[Author's POV]

Y/N casually goes out to eat with her friends but has no idea what danger is lurking in her room. Maybe she was saved by God that she went out of the room after opening the trunk and never came back in, but is she completely freed from danger?

The Kobra came out of her cloth trunk and hissed, skimming the ground & went away.

[Y/N POV]

I had lunch with them and passed the time with gossips and fun. I did not go back to my room after eating and was spending time with them. When I go to the chamber, I just sit there like a lazy person. I like being with them. Although I longed to see the cloth the prince had given me because I could not see it completely, I restrained myself and determined to see it at night.

When evening came, I said goodbye to everyone and returned to my chamber. The clothes trunk was still open and I went to it and took out the cloth.

I was impressed by the fine craftsmanship of the cloth. What a beautiful soft velvet and various stones and pearls on it! It was so fantastic that I couldn't move my eyes of it.

Just then, a knock was heard on the door & when I permitted, I saw the Prince getting in. I stood up & bowing my head, I said, "Your Highness, how can I help you?"

"Let's sit."

[Jungkook POV]

I went out of town for some useful work. On the way, I saw a ring in a shop in the market. It was the same dark green colored ring that a guy had given to Y/N but a little different.