♚28♚

Sitting in the meeting, I fell into deep thought

Sitting in the meeting, I fell into deep thought. I started thinking about yesterday's incident but couldn't find any source. But I am in no doubt that all the incidents in this state have been deliberate and someone very close is involved. But who could that be? Who is his enmity with? With me or mother or father?

"Your Highness, the state's security is being disrupted. We need to beef up our security," said the Commander-in-Chief, Kim Namjoon, in a worried tone.

"Yes. But there are many guards in this palace. Whoever is doing this will not dare to enter here."

"But the security system at the rear of the palace is flawed. Also, the design of the palace needs some changes."

I just hummed in response as I was drowning in my own thoughts. He seemed to notice it & asked, "What are you thinking? Are you worried about the letter? Don't think about that. I am sure it was nonsense."

"I am not worrying but thinking who it can be & what is his intention," I said biting my lower lip.

Although I tried not to worry, it was always there in the corner of my mind. I was afraid for mother because I think that it was not common for her to suddenly get a rare disease and since then the state has been in dire straits.

So far I have only been looking for the convict and today I caught a glimpse of him. Will I be able to conquer what I have been preparing for so long? Can I keep my oath?

"Take the necessary steps," I said with a sigh.

"Prince Jeon, our armies found a dark cave at the end boundary & it seemed suspicious. Would you like us to investigate it?" he said making me confused.

"Cave? Where is it? To my knowledge, there are no such unknown caves in Busan," I said shaking my head.

"Yes, Your Highness. But it's the first one caught and so we suspect something sinister."

I was silent for a moment, then said, "Look into this quickly. I will go with you if necessary."

Why did I feel like there is a clue in these occurances? Only God knows what is waiting ahead of us? Something auspicious or inauspicious?

● ● ●