♚38♚

[Author's POV]

"What truth?" Jungkook was taken aback by Y/N's question as he didn't expect that. It was clearly understandable to him that Y/N heard their conversation. But if he asks about that, it will be clear that something is wrong. So, he decided to act that he doesn't know anything.

"You tell me, Your Highness. There is something that I don't know & you & father is trying to hid that from me, aren't you?" At that time, what came to Y/N's mind was the marriage because it happened so suddenly. Her father's expression was the same today like the marriage day's. She thought it might have some connection.

"Are you becoming bold now? How can you think you can ask me questions with a judgemental look & I will answer?" Jungkook took some steps forward just to scare her so that she stops asking questions about it. But little did he know this Y/N was different from the previous one? This Y/N has determination & courage which overpowered her softness & scared heart.

"I am not demanding answers but I am requesting you. I beg you to tell me that truth, Your Highness," Y/N looked at him with pleading eyes as she was overwhelmed with emotions & an unknown power worked in her.

Jungkook sighed as he couldn't find a way to avoid it. He felt trapped between truth & promise. He promised to her father not to spill the truth & here Y/N is asking for it. What should he do now?

"There is no such a truth. Let's go to the chamber now," Jungkook held her hand & tried to pull her with him. His intention was to avoid the topic.

Y/N put her hand on his & stopped him & said, "Is it our marriage?"

Her straight question made Jungkook so surprised. He was now extremely anxious that he didn't look back at her. She hit the main point & there is no turning back.

"Why did you marry me?" Y/N's voice was kind of broken as she was afraid to hear the answer. All this time, she knew he loved her & so he married her directly. Maybe he is not feeling to tell her but deep in his heart, he loves & has an affection. She is not so ready to hear something else.

On the other hand, cold sweat appeared on Jungkook's forehead. He didn't know what to answer & bit his lips in frustration. It's not only because of the promise but he is also scared of her reaction. He is afraid she might get too shocked to get sick or she might hate him. He is afraid that he will be coloured in her eyes. But why is that?

Jungkook took his eye off & started to walk away without making a sound. Y/N looked at her confused & impatient. She called him but he didn't stop. There was no way out.

"Your Highness, you promised me," she screamed highly to reach Jungkook's ear & it worked. Jungkook stood stunned & being a little confused because he doesn't remember promising her something. Still he is a man of one word. So, he has to hear it & if it's true, he will fulfill it at any cost.

Jungkook didn't turn around & remained stood at the same place in a same pose. Y/N took a deep breath & said, "Do you remember you promised me that you will reward me if I win in swordfight with you? I want that now. Tell me why did you marry me? What is the truth, Prince Jeon?"

That's it. There is no going back now. Jungkook has to answer it & keep his promise. Besides, sooner or later she will know. Maybe today is the day.

"Because my mother told me," he heaved a deep breath, preparing for his next word.

"My mother told me to get married & so I married you only because of that. Your father told me to keep it secret so that you won't get hurt," he felt light after saying the truth. He felt like he has come out of a cage. He never wanted to lie to her but it was her father's decision. He was always aware of the after effect it but he can do nothing because Kim Namjoon is her father.