♔10♔

When I walked into the kitchen, the head cook, Jin, saw me and said, "Welcome, Your Highness. We are blessed to have you here. What would you like to eat?"

I chuckled & said, "Don't be so polite. I'm still your lovely Y/N."

“Yes, no matter how big you get, we will still have that little Y/N who used to run after us for sweets,” Jieun added, coming up suddenly.

I smiled and said, "What are you cooking?"

"The Prince's breakfast. Everything is done. Now all that's left to do is make the banana milk," Jin said as he peeled the bananas.

"I want to make it," I said eagerly.

Jin was surprised & said, "You can? It is Prince Jungkook's food. Be careful!"

"I have never made it before. But I want to try. I can, you trust me."

After much pleading, Jin let me make banana milk. It is not that difficult. I have to slice a peeled banana and blend it with sugar, vanilla extract and milk. The mixture should be passed through a fine sieve to make it very smooth and to separate the lumps. Then Prince Jeon Jungkook's banana milk was ready.

“Mmm….delicious,” Jieun said, testing the taste.

I was proud of myself that I cooked royal food. I smiled sweetly and said, "Thank you."

The prince sat down at the table to take his breakfast. I also sat with him. I was surprised that he invited me to eat together. Of course, if we don't eat together, others will spread rumors about it, especially it's the day after our wedding.

Around our dining table, there were the main cooks, Jin and Jieun, and two maids to serve the food. Daegu Tang (Mild Cod Fish Stew), Yeoneojang (Soy Marinated Raw Salmon), Honghap Miyeok Guk (Seaweed Soup with Mussels) & Jajangmyeon were served in front of us.

Prince Jungkook and I ate breakfast in silence. When he finished his meal, he finally started drinking banana milk. He took a sip and sat for a while, confused. I was afraid of his reaction. Did he not like the taste?

After a while, the prince said, "Jin, did you make this?"

This time, I was really scared. Surely he understood. God, save me.

The head cook, Jin, came forward and said, "Pardon me, Your Highness. Does it taste bad?"

"The taste is different," he said, shaking the container of banana milk.

"I can make it again if you want-"

"No need. The taste is different but better," he said and drank the rest.

My face lit up with happiness. I stared at the contented face of the prince. And that made my heart beat faster. I tried hard not to smile.

I looked at Jin and Jieun and saw them laughing. I know why they are laughing. Because the prince doesn't know it's me who made it, yet he supposedly likes it. They must be wondering how much love we have. But is it really true?

Seeing their laugh, I blushed and looked down and smiled. Suddenly Prince Jungkook said, "Are you okay?"

I shuddered a bit but immediately replied, "Ah....yes."

"You look flustered," he said, surveying my face.

"It's..... nothing," I said a little nervously.

This time Jin and Jieun laughed even more and accidentally, a little sound slipped off their mouth. Prince Jungkook heard the sound and looked back and they fell silent in fear.

"What was that sound?" he asked, frowning.

“Forgive us, Your Highness. The sound...” Jieun paused.

Got what you deserved. Laugh more on me! But I feel like I should save them.

"Your Highness, father is waiting for you in the training hall," I said quickly.

"Yes, I'm going now," he said, getting up and left.

I then smiled triumphantly in front of Jin & Jieun and said, "You will have to pay for my help."

"What price?" Jin asked, confused.

"A bowl of Hwachae."

"Conditions granted, Your Highness," they chuckled and I chuckled too.

------------End of EP 10-----------

19/04/2024
Friday
06:47 PM