20

{author}

the group of friends had decided to shop for dresses and tuxedos at the mall today since prom is already occurring the next day.

"mom, can i borrow some money~?" the teenage (mutant ninja turtles) girl cooed to her mother with puppy eyes.

her father entered the scene and overheard his daughter. "what are you going to do with the money?" he asks.

"prom" she simply answered, knowing her parents already understand.

"oh my! right, it's already tomorrow, am i correct?" her excited mother asked. miso nodded.

"do you already have a date??" she looked at her teasingly. her father then choked in his coffee at the word, 'date'.

"is it zhanghao?" her mother asked again. the girl blushed at the mention of his name. she actually wanted zhanghao to be her date, but she's too shy to ask.

'i just look like an idiot in front of him.. what if he already asked someone else?..like yoohyun..' miso sadly thought to herself.

"it's probably zhanghao. they had a date one time." her brother, jisung, also joined in the conversation.

"who's that zhanghao?!" her dad suddenly yelled, earning for the three to jolt up.

"hun, stop overreacting. she's all grown up now." her mother laughed.
"remember when you also confessed to me at prom?" she added.

her father zipped his mouth with a flushed face. he's always embarrassed when he thinks back to the youthful times with his future wife.

"it's okay, miso. but be responsible at school too." his wife tells their daughter, patting her head.

"i-i wasn't planning to date.." miso mumbled.

her father sighed, "my little girl.." he fake cried. her mom then laughed at his childishness.

"here's the money." her mom finally lend her a not-so-large amount of money.

the girl smiled, "thank you!"

°

meanwhile, a boy sat on his desk, his head being laid down.

his eyes wondered at the unopened box miso gave her that day. he didn't open it yet because he was nervous.

why? well, i don't know, ask him.

his thoughts were all about that one girl he likes. he's actually thinking about how to confess.

yes, he grew the balls to do that.

he also thought about that girl currently acting weird around and a little bit distancing herself from him.

'did i do something wrong?' zhanghao thought to himself. 'is she starting to hate me??'

"wait.. but she wouldn't give me this 'goodluck gift' if she does hate me, right?" he says to no one, reaching over to the box.

he was holding himself back from opening it, but it was tempting. with trembling hands, he slowly lifted up the cover.

"OH, BABY, I'LL MAKE YOU SWEAT-"

"HOLY SHIT" he almost had a heart attack when his ringtone suddenly played.

his unboxing didn't get the chance to be continued at the moment as he picked up the call.