20. Never-Ending Questions

Savannah's POV

I'm frozen in shock after Rosanna revealed that Theo was planning to propose to me. I swallow a heavy lump in my throat before I manage to stammer. "W-what?"

Adam forcefully laughs. "She's lying. That's so funny, Rosanna."

Rosanna turns to her boyfriend with a shocked and confused look. "Just tell her the truth."

"You can't believe her, Sav, she's making it up."

"I'm not making it up. Why are you being like this?" She questions Adam with a tone filled with hurt.

"How do you know?" I cut in, making them both face me.

Rosanna rushes to me, blocking me from seeing Adam. "Don't listen to Adam. He's trying to hide it from you. Theo told us about his plans to propose when he was planning the holiday. He didn't tell us the day or where he wanted to propose, but he said it would be on this holiday and to be prepared for it."

A range of emotions run through my mind, intensifying the heavy feeling in my heart. "And you were going to hide this from me?" I ask Rosanna with a mix of hurt and anger.

She glances over at Adam. "That was his idea, I wanted to tell you." She expresses with regret.

"Why didn't you? What if this happened to you? Wouldn't you want to know?" I ask in disbelief.

"I would."

"So then why didn't you tell me?"

Rosanna is stuck in place as she struggles to respond. 

"Tell me then! Why didn't you?!" I scream in frustration, causing Rosanna to jump slightly as tears well up in her eyes.

"Adam said not to. I'm so sorry, Savannah."

I narrow my eyes at her. "You're not the type to listen to Adam. You always think you know what's best."

"I-I don't know why I listened to him."

I scoff. "I wish he does the same thing to you. So you know how it feels."

Rosanna is taken aback by my statement. I instantly regret saying it, but I keep going. "I can't wait to hide it from you that Adam was planning to marry you, then tell you a year later so you can process everything all over again and probably end up killing yourself."

"Savannah, what the fuck are you saying?! Are you hearing yourself?!" Adam approaches me with anger, which only fuels me more.

"Fuck you! You brought Theo into my life! It's all your fault!" I shove him, but he barely moves, causing me to stumble slightly. Overwhelmed with emotion, I start crying hysterically. "I hate you, I fucking hate you so much!" I attempt to push him again, but I can barely apply force as my arms feel heavy and weak. Defeated, I hang my head in my hands as I continue to cry.

I feel a warm embrace as Adam wraps me in a hug. "I'm sorry, sis. I shouldn't have kept it from you."

My cries slow down in his hug.

"Don't take it out on Rosanna. She was only listening to me. You shouldn't have said those things to her." He states, which sets me off again.

I pull away from the hug and stop my tears. "All you care about is her. I'm supposed to be your sister. Look at what Theo did for his sister, and this is what I get from you."

Adam scoffs as he starts to laugh. "I guess you were born into the wrong family then, weren't you?"

"Yeah, I was."

"Go on. Go and ask Theo if his family will have you. You're deranged just like the lot of them."

I ignore Adam's insult. "I would if I could."