𝟎𝟗

Her breath hitched as he leaned down, closing the distance between them as he captured her lips right away, his cold hands cupping her face

She leaned against the door, completely pliant seeing as she doesn't know what to do and the feeling is so overwhelming in a good way. 

She breathes in heavily when he pulls away for a brief second, but he's much closer, " Is it okay? " She nods, in awe at his ability to remain so calm and collected. 

" Yeah.." she gulped softly, eyes flitting back to his lips. Subconsciously, she moved in again, pressing her lips on his, heart raging against her rib cage as Akito moved even closer, his body pressed against hers as he kissed her. 

When he pulls away, she's panting for breath, completely taken aback by the force of the kiss.

"...sorry. Was that too much? " 

A laugh escaped her lips as she hugged him, " It's okay. " 

Akito smiled, his cheeks red. " Blame Eita for disturbing me earlier. "

" Okay. " she grinned, closing her eyes as she tightened her grip. When did she even start liking him? She was curious. A part of her wondered if it was during the graduation when he approached her.

She still cherished the rose after all, even though it was dry and wilted. She had managed to turn it into a bookmark.

Even if it was strange, she had constantly thought of him because she was curious why he had approached her.

They never talked throughout high school, but of course, she knew him. He was so attractive just sitting there, everyone would stare at him. She wasn't a stranger to her gaze remaining on him either. 

But what made her grateful was the fact that she could smile without a worry, it felt too surreal. Whenever she smiled, all she thought was how she didn't deserve to, like her mother had said to her growing up.

But when she's around Akito and her friends, all of it just disappears. Laughter and happiness just comes so easily to her, she sighed softly. 

" Thank you. "

Akito hummed, curious as to what's going on in her head. 

" Why though? " 

" Because I can smile now, without worrying. "

She cherished the warmth of his embrace, " When I was younger, my dad passed away. Ever since then, mom got into all sorts of bad things and blamed me for his death. She always told me I didn't deserve to smile...."

" That's not your fault. " 

" That's why, " she pulled away slightly, " Thank you. Because now I can be happy without anything holding me back. "