The Watcher

I tried to focus on my work, but the mysterious figure haunted me. I caught glimpses of him everywhere - in the shadows, in the crowd, even in my dreams. His eyes seemed to bore into my soul, and I couldn't shake the feeling that he was waiting for something...or someone.

One night, as I left the warehouse, he emerged from the darkness. His features were chiseled, his hair dark and messy, and his eyes...his eyes seemed to see right through me.

"Who are you?" I demanded, trying to sound brave.

He smiled, a slow, menacing smile. "Just a friend, Sophia. A friend who's been watching you for a long time."

I took a step back, my heart racing. "What do you want from me?"

He chuckled, a low, husky sound. "Oh, Sophia. I want a lot of things from you. But for now...let's just say I'm here to protect you."

Protect me? From what? From whom?

As he turned to leave, I grabbed his arm. "Wait! What's your name?"

He looked down at me, his eyes glinting in the moonlight. "You can call me...Alex."

And with that, he disappeared into the night, leaving me with more questions than answers.

I knew I had to be careful. Marco and Vinnie wouldn't take kindly to me consorting with a stranger, especially one who seemed to be hiding secrets of his own.

But there was something about Alex that drew me in, something that made me feel like he was the only one who truly understood me.

And that was the most dangerous feeling of all.