The Protetection

I tried to focus on my work, but Alex's words echoed in my mind. "I'm here to protect you." From what? From whom? I couldn't shake the feeling that he knew something I didn't.

One night, as I left the warehouse, I noticed a black sedan following me. My heart raced as I quickened my pace, but the car kept pace with me.

Suddenly, Alex appeared beside me, his eyes fixed on the sedan. "Get in," he said, opening the door to a nearby car.

I hesitated, unsure if I should trust him. But something in his eyes made me believe he was my only hope.

As we sped away from the sedan, Alex handed me a phone. "Use this to contact me if you need help. And Sophia...be careful. They're watching you."

I took the phone, my mind racing with questions. Who was "they"? And why were they watching me?

The next day, Marco summoned me to his office. "Sophia, we have a problem," he said, his voice cold and menacing. "You've been seen with someone...unsavory. Someone who doesn't have our best interests at heart."

I knew he was talking about Alex. "I don't know what you're talking about," I lied, trying to sound convincing.

Marco's gaze bore into me. "Don't play dumb, Sophia. We know all about your little friend. And if you don't end it, things will get...ugly."

I left the office, my heart racing. I knew I had to be careful. But I also knew I couldn't ignore Alex's warning. Whatever was going on, I was in grave danger.

And Alex was my only hope.