Regrets (Jennie)

Note: y/n's an idol and actress, italicized texts are flashbacks. 

Omniscient POV

BLACKPINK was attending a year-end award show in South Korea for the first time in years. Fans were excited and so were the girls...well, for the most part.

Jennie was nervous to say the least, partly because it's been a while since they've been at an event like this but mainly because of a certain someone.

Y/n, her ex-girlfriend.

Y/n was sure to attend the same award show with her own group and being in the same room as her ex of nearly 3 years after months of having no contact with her whatsoever was making her feel butterflies in her stomach.

The award show just started, the light in the crowd dims as the focus turns to the stage. Jennie takes this opportunity to roam her eyes around the artists' section looking for a particular someone.

Jisoo who was sitting next to her quietly observes her younger member, knowing what she's doing.

Jennie was quick to spot Y/n sat around the table with her members, she couldn't help but be in awe at how good Y/n looked with her white dress on, which had some kind of tassels on it, making every movement look like she's flowing.

"You're staring." Jisoo warns Jennie as she's been looking in Y/n's direction for way too long.

Jennie divert her eyes and turns her attention to the stage. It took every self-control she had to not turn and look again.

She hasn't seen Y/n since they broke up so, being in the same room as her after so long was messing her up, her knees bouncing in anxiousness.

~~~ flashback ~~~

Y/n: "another PR, really?" She asked in an annoyed tone.

Jennie: "the team thinks it's what I need right now."

Y/n: "this is ridiculous, I don't mind keeping our relationship private, if anything I prefer that as well but to watch you publicly 'date' someone just in order to hide us? I can only endure so much, Jennie."

Jennie: "I know, I'm sorry." Is all she could say.

Y/n: "You promised me, no more of this after you left YG, but nothing has changed, huh?"

The irritation becoming more evident in her face and tone as the conversation dragged. Hiding their relationship and dealing with YG's PR stunts was exhausting then, as it is now but Jennie did promise her that she wouldn't have to deal with this anymore once her individual contract ended with that company but here she is having this conversation in her kitchen.

Jennie: "Y/n- it's not that easy- "

Y/n: "Jennie, you're not some small-time artist that need such desperate means to stay relevant, you know that, right?"

Jennie: "I know, I just- I don't know..." For some reason she couldn't come up with a reason why she's just agreeing with her team's plan.

Just by her tone and how she kept calling her by her name, Jennie knew Y/n is genuinely upset right now.