1

"Please..don't kill me!"

He said as he tried to hide the bite wound covering his flesh.
Jenny hand shook as she held the gun down at his head.

"Just do it jenny! He's going to die anyway!"

Ana yelled from across the grocery store, she was packing what she could find in the little black backpack she owned. The one she used for school before all of this disaster.

Jenny finnaly took the shot and the man slumped down at her feet.

"I hope that doesn't attract more soulless"

Electra chimed in from outside. Her foot tapping the floor impatiently.

"Anything useful?"

The fourth member of the little girl group finnaly spoke up. She looked around the grocery store. The store resembled the world they lived in today. Full of chaos and no order.
Kay sighed and stepped out to Electra.

"Any sings of danger yet?"

Electra stayed silent just looking in one direction.

"I'm not sure yet..just listen"

Electra said with signs of stress written on her forehead. The usually calm girl kept staring at the same direction.
Now kay could also hear it. With the back of her heels she kicked the door of the grocery store to signal danger to the other girls inside.
Jenny and Ana stepped outside Backpacks full of anything they could find.

"What's up?"

Ana and Jenny asked at the same time.
Now the group stood in a line and all looked at the same direction. There in the distance 4 guys fighting against soulless.

"Should we help?"

Jenny asked even though she wasn't sure herself.

"No way! They will make it. If not that's their problem."

Kay said as she turned her back to the group and walked the other direction.
Ana pulled her sleeve and looked at her worried. Kay sighed and tapped her bat to the ground.

"Fine.."

The leaves crunched under their boots as they made their way up to the group struggling to fight against the soulless.
Though the world is down nature still found a way to function. It was turning autumn. The winter was close wich meant surviving would get harder.
That's why Kay didn't want any more burden on the group but they couldn't just turn a blind eye. They hadn't lost their humanity fully meaning they still had sympathy.

"Soulless count?"

Ana asked taking her sniper out of the safety it was in. She took slower steps so she could adjust her weapon.

"1...2..5..8..13.."

Electra halted in her movements. 13 where more then they had ever taken on.

"2 each..Me and Kay will take 3"

Ana said more bravely, they where all scared but her and kay were the toughest.Jenny and Electra were the brain and logic, keeping Ana and Kay away from death more then a few times.

"Yall need any help?"

Kay yelled, catching the attention of the soulless in the process.