What's To Come

A couple weeks have gone by and nothing has changed. I still get beat and River try's to protect me, even if he gets hit himself. He is more and more of a brother to me every day. I'm grateful for him. He is he best!

Before anyone gets up River shakes me and whispers, "Happy birthday sis!" He has every right to call me that, but he does not say it often because it's a little to weird.

"Thanks. We do we have planned for today, bro?" I asked him kind of exited. Don't ask me why, but turning eighteen is going to be fun. I can feel it.

"I don't know. What do you want to do?" he has something planed. I can tell by the look on his face, he can't keep it in.

"I don't know, but I can tell you have something planned. Tell me!" I beg. "Please."

"All I can say is, meet me at the alley after school. Jace will be with me. We have something planed for you," he says excitedly.

I can't wait. This will be the best night of me life. Just twenty two hours and twenty seconds left. He goes to get dressed. We now have a routine. He gets dressed in the bathroom and does his hair and teeth. Then by the time he comes back to our room I'm done getting dressed. I then go to the bathroom and do my hair and teeth. We meet each other by the stares. He grabs my bag and we go down starts and off to school.

Father does not even bother to say happy birthday to me. Jack ass. Whatever I don't need him to say it. Off to school we go!

Once we get to school I am showered with "Happy birthday" by people I know and don't know. Jace gives me balloons that I place at my locker and at lunch I get a cake! Yummy.

I'm having a great day so far. When school is over I go to my locker to pick up all the things that I received today. I put the balloons on my backpack. I surprised I didn't fly away, I got so many. There are cards and candy that I got from people I hardly know.

I head to the alley as planed. I hate walking alone, but I know my friends will be waiting for me.

Out of nowhere Rain and River pop out.

"Oh my! What the heck man! You practically scared me out of me skin!"

Ha ha ha ha, they laugh. I hate them. A big smile came a pond my face. I can't be mad at them.

"Ready to be amazed?" They say in unison.

"No not really. Give me a minute. I need to catch my breath."

"Oh come on loser, lets go," River pushes.

"Okay. I'm good. Lets go."

Rain blindfolds me and tells me we wont let you fall. I know my way by hart, but I'm so uneasy walking there. I trip a couple times. I'm pretty sure Rain trips me.

"Okay. Now take of your blindfold," Rain tells me.

I take it off slowly. Everyone I see yells surprise. There are not that many people, but that's okay. I never made a lot of friends. Once I do, they end up stabbing me in the back. There is this saying 'Better to have a couple quarters then a lot of pennies', I know go by that saying. The boss of the bowling alley brings me out a cake.

"Happy birthday Sid," he tells me in a sweet voice.

"Thanks, Kai." He is the best guy ever. He is amazing. Words cannot describe him. You have to meet him in person to understand what I mean.

They all sang 'Happy birthday' to me and then we eat cake. What a good day.

Jace came up to me and asked me to play a game with her, so I did.

*River's POV*

Sid went to play a game with Jace. Rain came up to me as I watched them.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"What are you staring at?"

"Nothing." I turn to look at him to see if he bought it. No, he didn't.

"You're staring at Sid aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am," I said shyly.

"Well she is really pretty and cute."

"She is also my 'sister'."

"There is no way you guys are siblings. You look nothing alike." He is right we don't.

"Maybe Jake had an afar."

"No. There's no way," he insures me. He is right there is no way we are related. No way.

"I agree with you! Do-do you think I have a-a shot?" Pull yourself together, man.

"If she feels the same way I think you could."

"How do I know if she likes me?"

"You can always tell with girls. You'll see," he smiles at me. I look back over to them and Sid smiles at me. I smile back. Man she's so cute.

*Jace's POV*

I took Sid to play a game. Actually I took her to talk about River. We 'play' a game, but really we are talking.

"You think he likes me?" She asked concerned.

"No, I know he likes you."

"He can't just like me. He's my 'brother' and you know that."

"There is no way he is your brother. You look nothing alike, what so ever."

"I know."

"I know you like him too."

"What?! How can you tell? Is it the obvious?"

"No, only another girl can tell. Don't worry I won't say anything, but he does like you."

She turns to look at him. At the same time they look at each other. She smiles despite herself. He smiles back and she turns back to me.

"Can we not talk about this? Please. I bet I can beat you this time."

"Fine, but you are not getting away with this. Oh and your on. I can beat you again."

"Your on."

*Sid's POV*

Wow what a birthday! I love it. The after mess was, well a mess. I helped clean even though Kia said it was no big deal and he would clean it up. I told him no and started yo pick up everything. Jace, River, and Rain also helped.

"Thanks for the party guys!"

"No problem," they all said.

When we are done cleaning up we all go home. Father is not up so we got in without a problem.

"Thanks. That was fun," I tell River.

"Yeah, I had fun too."

"Well goodnight." And I think I like you.
What are you thinking? I smile.

"Goodnight Sid. Tomorrow you are officially eighteen. Wow."

"I know right. Wow."

_______________________________

thanks for reading guys. I'm just eating noodles. It's a lazy day.
lets vote please
love ya guys.