Chapter 7: A bee stung her heart

Lilliana' POV

As the week progresses, the wedding preparations are falling into place.

We've secured a DJ, organized a full buffet, and even have a sweetheart table.

Honestly, I'm not as anxious about getting married anymore.

But hold on, where's my father? He's the reason for this wedding, and he's nowhere to be found.

Marco and I made a simple decision to have a maid of honor and a best man, which made things less chaotic.

I chose Luna as my maid of honor since we've become close recently.

It seems that Marco has chosen Pedro as his best man, as Luna informed me that they have been friends for quite some time.

I start to look for Marco everywhere and when i mean everywhere i mean every single inch of this huge mansion except the office.

The office that Luna specifically warned me about, let's just say curiosity got the best of me.

Just like that i find myself in front of the door fiddling my fingers like crazy nervous to go in.

I knock once, then twice, and finally a third time, thats when i know that nobody is in there.

I start to open the door and enter the office.

Inside it's very dark, black walls, grey furniture but there is one single light on at the moment which is at what i'm guessing marco's desk.

I look around and find my way to his desk and i see a folder labeled with my name.

I wonder what's in there, why does he have a folder on me.

I open it and i find pictures of me way before me and Marco even met each other.

My heart stops.

Why does he have them and how the hell did he even get them?

The folder has information about me, information I thought no one knew.

I'm second guessing this wedding and it's all Marco's fault.

I continue looking at the file, until i hear sudden footsteps.

Marco.

Tears fill my eyes, our eyes lock.

"Cara mia, let me explain please." he says as he walks up to me cups my cheek.

I push his hand away.

"I opened up to you, told you things I've never told anyone before and then i find a fucking file with stuff I told you and stuff i didnt even know about my self!" I yell backing away, making my way to the door.

"Listen, I'm sorry it's not what it looks like Lilliana I promise, just sit down and breathe and let me explain!" he says as i drop to my knees pouring my heart out and sobbing.

"NO, the last thing i get to do is let you explain, How could you Marco?!" i say

He tries to wrap his arms around me to comfort me and i push him away.

Betrayal fills his eyes regretting everything he's ever done.

"Get out, get out right now marco i dont care if this is your office!" i say

"Cara m-" he gets cut off.

"I said get out" i yell.

He looks at me as tears fill his eyes, regretting everything he's done. How could he, after everything.

—————————————————————————
Marco's POV

I fucked up.

There's no way to explain to her why I did it.

If only she knew, if only she knew the promise her mother made me keep.

The promise to keep her safe. Everything l've done was to keep her safe.

Hell, i worry about her more than i worry about myself. I'd kill anyone who'd make her cry even if that meant myself.

I walk by the office to ensure she's alright, even though she may currently dislike me.

However, I will never hate her; I can only love her.

I hear her sobbing softly and objects crashing onto the floor. Oh God, what have I done? I ask myself.

It breaks my heart that i have to walk away and leave her there, leave her crying her heart out knowing it was my fucking fault.

I decide to head to the gym and take out all my anger there.

I arrive to the gym and fucking Pedro is there, just the person i wanted to see.

I don't even look at him, i walk over to grab a pair of boxing gloves and then i walk to a punch bag and i let out all my anger at it.

I punch it like it's her father, i promised her no one would hurt her again, but i didnt think it would be me.

I punch it like i'm protecting her form someone, showing no mercy.

Then i feel a tap on my shoulder that takes me out of my thoughts.

Pedro.

"Yo, you okay, you've never come to the gym on a random wednesday, even if you did punching a punch bag is not the first thing you would do. What's on your mind?" he asks genuinely.

"She saw it" i say looking away  and continuing to punch harder than ever, putting all my strength into each one.

Each punch harder than the other.

"What did she see Marco, what was it?" he asks pushing my hands away for they punching bag and sitting me down.

"She saw the file, the file she was never supposed to see. The file her mother created in order for me to protect her before she died. She saw it and now she hates me. She's crying and breaking things and it's all because of me. I promised no one would hurt her but i didn't think it would be Pedro." I say pouring my heart out at him.

"She doesnt know its to protect her, its not your fault. Your not to blame. What are you doing here. You need to go get your girl back. Go talk to her.

 Go talk to her

Authors Note:

Don't kill me but this had to happen right

Next part will be up in a couple days

Love youuuu