Chapter 12: Flowers

Marco's POV

She nods and fastens her seatbelt, her fingers fumbling slightly as she does so.

A small giggle escapes her lips and my heart skips a beat at the charming display.

I turn the ignition key, and the engine roars to life, the sound adding to the excitement of our escapade.

I carefully back out of the parking spot and then drive onto the road, heading away from the restaurant and towards the unknown.

As we drive down the dimly lit streets, the cityscape passing by outside the window, I glance over at Lilliana.

Her profile is illuminated by the soft glow of the streetlights, and her eyes are fixated on the scenery outside.

"Enjoying the view, cara mia?" I ask, my voice tinged with a hint of amusement.

She turns her gaze towards me, her eyes filled with unspoken excitement.

"I am. Though the view inside isn't bad either," she replies, a flirtatious smile tugging at her lips.

A chuckle escapes my throat at her flirty remark. "You're quite the sweet talker, aren't you?" I say, shifting my focus back to the road.

The car ride continues, the silence between us punctuated by Lilliana's occasional comments about the scenery outside.

I steal glances at her from time to time, admiring her profile and the way her hair frames her face.

As the car continues through the winding roads, we eventually reach our destination.

I pull the car into a discreet parking spot, my heart pounding in anticipation.

Carefully, I turn off the ignition and turn to Lilliana, my eyes gleaming with anticipation.

"We're here," I say softly, my voice filled with a hint of mischief.

She turns to me, her eyes sparkling with a mixture of excitement and curiosity. "Where are we?" she asks, her eagerness palpable.

"You'll see," I respond coyly, my tone teasing yet filled with anticipation.

I unclick my seat belt and get out of the car, walking around to open her door for her.

As she steps out, I take her hand in mine, intertwining our fingers together. "Ready for your surprise?" I ask, my voice filled with a hint of excitement.

She nods eagerly, a mixture of curiosity and excitement on her face.

I lead her towards a concealed path, my hand holding hers gently yet firmly, a silent promise of the adventure that awaits her.

The path winds through a beautifully illuminated garden filled with vividly coloured flowers, the blossoms almost glowing in the moonlight.

The air around us is filled with the delicate scent of roses, and the path is lined with dim lanterns that cast a soft romantic glow.

As we walk in silence, enjoying the beauty of the garden, a slight shiver runs through Lilliana's body.

I notice her shiver and pull her closer to me, wrapping my arm around her waist protectively.

"Are you cold?" I ask, my voice filled with concern.

Shaking her head, Lilliana leans into my touch, appreciating the warmth of my embrace.

"No, I'm just... excited," she whispers, her voice barely audible.

I smile softly, her excitement contagious, and hold her tighter as we continue our journey through the garden.

As we reach the end of the garden, a clearing adorned with twinkling string lights opens up before us, a small gazebo standing in the center, surrounded by a small pond with a quaint bridge.

The water in the pond reflects the lights above, creating a mesmerizing sight.

I lead Lilliana towards the gazebo, a proud smile on my face as l await her reaction.

Lilliana's breath catches in her throat as she takes in the sight before her.

Her eyes sparkle with wonder and appreciation, taking in the magical scene that I had carefully prepared just for her.

"Oh my," she whispers, her voice filled with awe and disbelief. "It's beautiful."

I chuckle softly, feeling my heart swell with contentment as she relishes in the beauty of the setting.

"It is, isn't it?" I reply, my voice filled with contentment. "But nothing compares to you," I add, my eyes not leaving her for a moment.

She looks at me, a shy smile spreading across her lips, her cheeks flushing with a subtle, innocent blush.

Ilead her to the gazebo, the lanterns hanging on the roof casting a soft glow over the area.

There are a few plush couches in the center, with a small table in between them.

I gesture towards the couches, encouraging Lilliana to take a seat.

As she settles in, I take my place next to her, the closeness of our bodies sending a jolt of electricity through me.

We sit in comfortable silence, the atmosphere around us buzzing with tension.

I can feel her nervous energy beside me, her excitement a palpable thing.

In a moment of impulsive bravery, I reach out and take one of her hands in mine, entwining our fingers together.

Her gaze turns towards our intertwined hands, a small smile on her lips and a light blush on her cheeks.

She doesn't pull away, but instead, she tightens her grip, her hand giving mine a comforting squeeze.

I feel my heart flutter at her simple but meaningful gesture.

I continue to hold her hand, feeling the warmth and trust that radiates through our contact.

The silence between us is comfortable, filled with mutual understanding.

After a few moments, I find myself unable to contain my excitement any longer.

"So," I begin, my voice soft yet filled with a touch of flirtatiousness, "What do you think of our little... getaway?"

Lilliana smiles, her eyes twinkling as she leans back against the couch, a content sigh escaping her lips.

"It's perfect," she responds, her gaze locking onto mine. "I couldn't have asked for a better surprise."

Everything was perfect

Next part will be up soon!!!!!

Love youuu