𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪 Ep 12 ; A serious plan

⋆°•☁︎ 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ; 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥, 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

"What I'm getting at is that-

I can hear and locate them when you guys can't."

.
.
.
.
.
.

"So what's the plan then? Use your 'magic hearing' to save the day?" Tyler furrowed his eyebrows. Ashlyn thought for a moment before replying.

"No-

.... Well yes, but later." She murmered, which made Tyler look at her in suspicion.

"I think we should stay here for now so we can rest and... prepare ourselves. Once we go outside, there's no telling what we'll encounter. And let's not leave the living room, if something happens in don't want to be split up." She explained to the group.

"There isn't much we can do, so do some mental exercises." Ash concluded, the group tilted their heads in confusion. 'Mental exercises??' Y/N squinted her eyes, uncrossing her legs from her position.

"Imagining yourself in certain situations and seeing how you will react. Anytime you aren't asleep, that's what you should be doing." The redhead says, recalling a past memory her dad once told her.

"Yeah, great plan. Daydream and sleep with monsters outside the door-"

"-We'll take turns keeping look out." She interrupted the brown haired boy. "Logan, is the time still twelve?" She then asked, turning to the nervous boy.

"O-Oh uhm- I'll check." He stuttered timidly. Pulling out his phone, he checks and sees that the time has not changed. It had remained 12 AM after all this time.

"...It hasn't changed." He replied quietly.

'Logan noticed the time wasn't changing about an hour ago... If the time isn't working, then alarms won't work either.' Ashlyn strongly thought.

"Alright, we'll keep resetting the timer every try hour then. I'll take the first shift, who wants to go after?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The redhead blinked, her eyes forcing herself awake. She groaned as she sat up, instantly feeling a dizzy sensation in her head. It grew more uncomfortable by the minute.

She looked behind and saw the same [h/c] haired and brown haired girl sleeping "peacefully" beside her. She knitted her eyebrows together in confusion.

'Taylor? Y/N...?

...

Are we- back in our room?' She questioned herself, looking around the surrounding bedroom. The room unknowingly shifted in a split second, and it left a weird aching pain in her head.

She recalled when Ben was patching up her arm. Ashlyn looked down and saw no scratches.

"No scratches...?" She muttered to herself.

'Was all of that... just a nightmare?
...
Or am I just dreaming right now?'

She put a hand to her forehead, feeling thumping coming from her chest. It was her heart beating insanely.