Chapter 1- Pool Party Disaster

Saturday, March 3th, 2012.
Edwina's alarm rang at 8:30 AM that Saturday morning. Edwina pushed her hair out of her eyes and reached for her phone which was continuously buzzing. 78 missed messages, and 45 missed calls from Annie. Edwina had always know she was a deep sleeper, but her continuous bout of nightmares had never been a good recipe for much sleep.

Edwina checked her messages, with Annie spamming her continuously with questions and query's about the pool party her and Becky were throwing. Edwina scowled and rolled onto her side, slamming her phone onto the nightstand. She couldn't stand Annie much anymore, pretending that the Dear Edwina show cast members were all still friends, when she struggled at maintaining a solid relationship with next to anyone anymore.

Edwina got out of bed, wearing her striped pajamas and headed for the diary her therapist had recommended she write in and turned to the first page. She grabbed a black pen and clicked it open. The first page was blank and daunting. Wanting to know all of her darkest secrets and fears, that no one knew.
She pushed the cover closed, shoving the pen inside the book. Edwina went downstairs to a silent house. Her siblings, Myra and Joe, were already off at the same music college, continuing to study their passions. Lucky them.

Edwina's father was Paw Paw's dentist. That's right, the only one. When your town has a population of 3000 people, that's usually the situation. People either go to the one dentist in town, or head out west to Kalamazoo for a more "professional" experience.

Edwina's mother, on the other hand? Completely off her rocker. She was a magazine photographer, with her photos rarely being selected for various Michigan-based magazines. She was either being a stalker, or as she liked to say "a people watcher," or just doing whatever nut job experience she likes to believe the state of Michigan wants to read about.
Honestly, the only steady person in Edwina's life was her 13-year-old sister, Katie. Edwina looked out the window and saw her sister dancing in the backyard with her IPod hanging out of her overall pocket. Edwina opened the porch door, to step out into the backyard, where she heard Katie singing.

"And they said speak now!" Of course, Katie was the biggest Taylor Swift fan, alongside Edwina. The two shared a joy in that way, and Edwina had found herself becoming closest to her younger sister after the incident.
Edwina laughed to herself, and shut the door. She made herself a nice breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast. The breakfast was eaten at the kitchen island, when Katie came inside.

"Oh, hey! You're up!" Katie smiled at Edwina, taking her earphones out of her ears, and setting down her IPod.

"I've been up for a few minutes, actually. I liked your performance outside," Edwina mumbled slyly, watching her sister's face turn a light red a moment after she finished speaking.

"Hey! That was a private moment, between me and T-Swift herself!" Edwina laughed, and set her dishes in the sink, scrubbing them.

"Sorry, I'll give you space next time. So, got any plans today?"

"Well, I wanted to go see The Hunger Games movie that just came out, but I know you're headed to the pool, so maybe tomorrow?" Katie strolled to the other side of the kitchen and opened the pantry to search for some cereal. 

"Woah, wait! How did you know I was going to the pool today?" Edwina pressed, crossing her arms and leaned against the island. Katie giggled with her back turned, and took out the cereal and milk, she brought it around the island to the counter.

"Well, I looked on your phone," Katie muttered. She looked up at Edwina's face slowly, which was casual and waiting for her to continue, "But can you blame me?! You can't imagine how incredibly difficult it is to get some sleep when Annie is blowing up your phone and you can hear it through the wall. Your Taylor Swift ringtone was the only upside to it. So, I silenced your phone and...maybe saw a message or two."