Chapter 2-The Hollywood Star

Scott paced his bedroom as he continued to check his watch. It was nearing 11:00, and it was his seventh day back in Paw Paw, Michigan. Scott had been avoiding heading out into town or back to school because...the ex-cast of the Dear Edwina show would mostly, to Scott's knowledge,  be mad at him for his departure to the bright lights of Kalamazoo, and later, Hollywood.

Scott didn't know what to think when Edwina told him to go on May 30th, 2007. Told him to go, because they would always have Paw Paw. And that was the last time he ever saw Edwina, Paw Paw, or anything from his childhood. Except for his mother, of course.

His parents had filed for a divorce less than a year after his big break at the Kalamazoo Advicea Plazooa Festival. His father was a greedy man, but was seen in the eyes of the court as a user, and was not granted any custody to Scott.

Scott grew up with a mother, who was never around. She was almost as bad as his father, and the only reason they came back to Paw Paw, was to finish off his senior year on a "return to your roots" press run, organized by his mother.

Scott decided to head out for the morning, and grabbed his IPod, deciding to go on a walk, his first real venture back into his childhood home

Scott walked down the streets of Paw Paw, ignoring all his fans screaming at him. He saw the sign of Paw Paw's Dairy Queen, and smiled.

That Dairy Queen was the last shred of happiness that came from his old love of Edwina. His invite for the two of them to go there had made him happy, and he swore he saw a flicker of interest pass over Edwina's face, if only for a moment.

He went inside Dairy Queen and ordered a Skor Blizzard. He turned the corner to pick it up, and saw a whoosh of strawberry-blonde hair run past him. He turned around to look at the figure, and came face-to-face with...her.