𝟏- 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬

He's got the fire, and he walks with it
He's got the fire, and he talks with it

He's got the fire, and he walks with itHe's got the fire, and he talks with it

"Adrian, please

"Adrian, please. I am not a kid anymore. I can live alone now." I try to reason with my brother who is not ready to listen.

Why does he have to be so stubborn sometimes?

Why can't he just listen to me?

"You are not going anywhere, Amelia. It's not safe for you to live alone and moreover, why do you have to live alone? Is this mansion not big enough for you? You can stay at our mansion too if you like. Ruh will also have someone to play with." He replied to me, offering options which will assure that I can only live at two places, either my parents' mansion or his.

I am seriously done with my brother at this point. He is getting on my nerves now. I know I am his sister and he cares for me and all that but I too have a life and I am mature enough to make my own decisions.

I take a deep breath in and look at my brother who is right now sitting beside my father, playing with Ruh, my niece. Knowing very well that being stubborn is not going to work right now, I take a deep breath in and dig my fingernails in my palm. Tears brimmed in my eyes due to the pain.

'Let's do it, Amelia.'

I walk towards the two men who are too stubborn to not let me stay alone.

"Adrian, dad," I started in a slow voice, "I know you both care for me a lot and love me a lot, and that's why I understand your concern. I also understand that living alone will be a challenge for me, but," I take one of their hands in each of mine and squeeze it a little in assurance, "I am not a kid anymore. I can handle it. And if I won't be able to handle everything alone, I will come back. I promise. So, can you please give me one chance to live my life on my own terms." I finished, looking in their eyes with blurry vision.

Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes any minute now, so I looked up, trying to control them. I removed my hands and with the back of my left hand, I tried to wipe off the tears from the corners of my eyes.