Chapter 27

Rome's gaze briefly intersected with mine, but it swiftly veered back to Jess, accompanied by a warm smile.

What in the world was happening? Why was she here? Rome never showed any interest in her before. And why were they sharing laughter as if they were old friends?

I moved past them slowly, feeling a pang of unease gnawing at me. Rome's silence only added to my confusion. Was it because of the slap?

Finally reaching the refuge of my room, I collapsed onto the bed, feeling utterly drained. The events of today seemed to stretch on endlessly, and now, seeing Rome and that girl together, sharing laughs, only added to my weariness.

Rising from the bed, I approached the mirror, seeking solace in my reflection. Was Rome's care genuine, or was I merely an afterthought in his high-class world?

As if in response to my silent musings, a gentle kick from the baby within me reminded me of the joy and innocence yet to come. Despite the uncertainties, I couldn't help but smile, feeling a deep bond with this little life growing inside me.

But amidst the warmth of anticipation, doubts lingered. Did Rome Like me? But how would he, he is rich and I am not even up to his class, His apparent disregard for those less fortunate than him only fueled my uncertainty.

I drifted off to sleep, my mind still tangled in thoughts. Unaware that outside my room, Rome and that girl continued their conversation, oblivious to the turmoil within me.

~~

Sensing a presence in the room, I felt my head being gently lifted, followed by a soft pillow being placed beneath it, offering a comforting support.

I cautiously cracked my eyes open, allowing just a sliver of light to filter through, and caught a fleeting glimpse of Rome nearby. Instinctively, I shut my eyes once more, seeking refuge in the darkness.

A warm duvet enveloped me, cocooning me in its embrace, adding to the surreal atmosphere of the moment.

In the hush of the room, the only sound was the gentle rustle of fabric as Rome's hands tenderly found their way to my face.

What in the world...?

His touch was gentle, almost reverent, as he traced the contours of my features with a delicate caress.

Alright, this is getting weird...

His fingertips then brushed against my lips, their light touch sending a shiver down my spine, a curious sensation coursing through me.

It felt... unusual...

I didn'tknow what he wanted to do next but I remained still, feigning sleep as his presence lingered nearby.

"I know you're not sleeping," his voice broke the silence, causing my eyes to snap open in astonishment. I stared at him in disbelief, utterly caught off guard, while he met my gaze with a knowing smirk.

"What—I..." I attempted to articulate, but my words stumbled out in a jumble of confusion.

"You're beautiful," his murmured compliment washed over me, drawing me closer to him.

What on earth...

This certainly wasn't characteristic of Rome.

Or perhaps... was I trapped in the realm of dreams?

"You're not dreaming, darling," his reassuring words seemed to echo the very thoughts swirling within my mind.

Ah...

He smirked, a subtle glint of mischief dancing in his eyes, as he leaned in closer, his lips tantalizingly close to mine.

"I've been craving the taste of your lips," he murmured, his voice low and husky, while his teeth grazed over his own lips in a manner that was undeniably captivating.