Chapter 39

~ROME~

"And so you left?" Neo inquired, his gaze fixed on Rome.

"Well... it wasn't my intention to leave, but I felt like I needed to give her space," Rome explained, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

"Fuck!! You're dull. She didn't need space; she needed an explanation," Neo retorted, his frustration evident as he glanced at Rome.

Rome looked at him for a moment before letting out a heavy sigh.

"She must think I don't love her anymore," Rome confessed, his voice filled with regret, and Neo nodded in understanding.

"I get that Georgia was your first love, but she's gone now. You have a new woman who truly loves you to death," Neo pointed out, trying to reason with his friend.

"And she's pregnant, man. You know you're stressing her out, right?" Neo continued, concern etched in his features, and Rome nodded solemnly.

"I was... Georgia just came to mind that day, and I realized I haven't been in that room for almost a year now. I went there to see her things for the last time because I was planning on renovating the room. Maybe I would give her clothes to her mother," Rome finally explained, his words filled with a mixture of sadness and nostalgia.

"Maybe you should tell this to Phoenix," Neo suggested, offering a glimmer of hope amidst the turmoil.

"Thanks, and I sent Camilla to see her, though," Rome added, grateful for Neo's support and advice.

"I miss her already," Rome confessed, a wistful smile playing on his lips.

"Such a lover boy," Neo teased, eliciting a chuckle from Rome.

"You want to tell me that you don't miss Beatrix right now?" Rome asked, curiosity lacing his tone.

"Well... technically," Neo began, his expression playful, causing Rome to laugh even more.

"Technically," Rome echoed, amused by Neo's response.

"Of course, I miss her, who wouldn't?" Neo admitted, a genuine smile gracing his lips.

"Are you two dating now?" Rome inquired, his interest piqued.

"Nope, we're just taking it slow and steady for now," Neo replied casually.

"You're not one to be taking things slow and steady. I think this girl really got some effects on you," Rome observed, a hint of teasing in his voice, prompting Neo to chuckle in agreement.

"Well, she really did," Neo confessed, his tone reflecting a mixture of surprise and contentment.

"So... what's..." Rome's sentence was abruptly cut short by the ringing of his phone.

He retrieved his phone from his pocket and glanced at the caller ID, sighing when he saw it was Camilla.

He showed his phone to Neo, who chuckled knowingly.

"She's about to scream at me about what happened," Rome predicted, a resigned smile tugging at his lips.

"So, are you going to answer the call?" Neo asked, raising an eyebrow inquisitively.

"And hear all her screams?" Rome replied with a shake of his head.

"No," he added firmly, sliding his phone back into his pocket before turning his attention back to Neo.

"What's up with the..." Once again, Rome was interrupted by the persistent ringing of his phone, prompting him to roll his eyes in frustration.

Rome remarked with a chuckle, "She's the worst sister you could ever ask for," prompting Neo to burst into laughter.