Chapter 158

Narrator pov

After Juliana made it back to the academy, she was on her way to Mr Jacq's class.

~~~~

Juliana pov

When I got to class, I saw my friends and boyfriend talking.

"Hey guys"

"There you are Juliana, so...what hatched from the egg?"

"It was a cute little Tinkatink, see" I pulled up a picture and showed them.

"Oh, how cute" Penny squealed quietly.

"Do you have it now?" Nemona asks.

"No, she didn't want to leave Ogerpon so I left her at home and mom is gonna keep an eye on her for me"

"How sweet"

"Wow, and you said that she doesn't want to leave Ogerpon, I think those two will be best friends"

"I think you're right Arven" I chuckled.

Then we saw Ms Jacq walking in.

"Hello hello, I hope everyone's ready to learn some new things today" he smiled.

"But before we get going, do you all remember the final question from our midterm exam, well director Clavell found out about it somehow and I got yelled at, whoops"

"Mr Clavell yelling, I've never pictured him doing that" I whispered to the others.

"I rather not witness it, ever" Penny shivered.

"I wonder how he found out?" I wondered.

"Apparently, he could tell I was hiding something just by looking at me" he frowned a little.

"He must've noticed all the color flush right out of my face" he laughed nervously.

"Now speaking of color, today I'd like to teach you all about colors as they pertain to pokemon, some pokemon have slightly different coloration or patterning on their bodies based on their gender of individual differences, in very rare cases, a pokemon may have wildly different coloration compared to others of the same species, we call these pokemon shiny pokemon, it is quite rare to cross paths with one"

"I already have five" I thought while smiling.

"Does anyone here know what the likelihood or finding a shiny pokemon is?"

I thought about it and when I finally had an answer, I raised my hand.

"Yes Juliana, what's your answer?"

"Would it be one in four thousand"

"That's right, you may have the makings of a pokemon professor Juliana" Mr Jacq joked.

"Shiny pokemon appear at a rate of one in four thousand, isn't that amazing?"

"The probability of encouraging one in the wild is the same as hatching one from an egg too" he added.

"Skeledirge hatched from an egg when he was just a little Fuecoco" I smiled at the memory.

"Eggs from a pair of pokemon raised around differing languages are a special case, there is a higher than average chance that a shiny pokemon will hatch from these eggs, but we haven't been able to figure out why that is just yet"

"Wow, that's amazing" I thought in amazement.

"I've also heard rumors of a charm that increases your likelihood of finding shiny pokemon when you have it in your bag, can you believe that?" he asks.