💋 14: the awkward phase 💋

(irl)

(irl)

the next morning emma woke up with an unflattering feeling in her stomach. she wasn't sure where it came from, but more then likely it was because of what happened the night before.

she walked into the kitchen to get breakfast when she saw the boy she was hoping not to run into eating pancakes. matt breath hitched seeing emma still in his clothes. they just stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do or say. for the first time they fell into an uncomfortable silence with each other. they both realized they liked each other as more then just friends and didn't fully know what to do with the information.

emma quickly ate some breakfast that nick insisted on her eating. after that she quickly packed her backpack and got changed into the clothes she was wearing yesterday folding the previous ones she had on in a pile on nick's bed.

she left the house in a rush quickly saying goodbye to nick and chris who had finally entered the kitchen seemingly barely woken up.

matt was kind of upset that emma didn't say bye to him but maybe it had nothing to do with the previous night, maybe it was cause she didn't want to blow their cover, but in the end that would seem silly. matt sighed knowing it probably was about last night and they had both made things complicated.

"do you guys like hate each other or something?" nick asked

no, very much the opposite is what matt wanted to say but he stopped himself from the sentence from falling out of his mouth.

"yeah, you guys seemed fine yesterday, which I thought was wired considering you guys stopped liking each other. but now you guys are like super awkward, did something happen last night? did you realize you actually still like her and you wont give up on her that easily" chris asked rambling

"both of you just stop asking questions! nothing happened, nothing will ever happen between us okay so stop with the curiosity" matt spat not knowing emma was on the other side of the door realizing she forgot her jacket.

emma sighed knowing he probably just said that because so they didn't get caught but at the same time it really hurt. emma just left forgetting her jacket, wanting to leave as soon as possible.

the weekend for emma dragged. it was pretty boring which normally she would love but all she could think about was matt. she tired distracting herself she really did but it didn't help. what didn't help either is matt didn't even try contacting her at all either. when monday came she realized her and matt had officially entered the awkward phase.

emma went through her classes pretty well not having a huge problem until she bumped into matt.

"hey sorry about friday, I don't want to make things weird or anything" matt said scratching the back of his neck nervously