chapter - 4

Ahana

As soon as I enter the home dadi ( grandmother) calls out to me

"Aavi gai mari radha?"

"Ha baa (grandmother), jai shree krishna."

I quickly go and hug her and she lovingly returns the embrace.

"Jai shree krishna beta."

"Kem cho maja ma?" I ask her to which she replies with "Bs chalya kare."

"Dada kya che?"

"Bahar gaya che."

"Mummy?"

"Rasoi ma hase."

"Ok"

( 𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯: "Has Radha come?"

"Yes, dear (grandmother), praise Lord Krishna."

I quickly go and hug her, and she lovingly returns the embrace.

"Praise Lord Krishna, dear."

"How are you, grandma?" I ask her, to which she replies, "Just managing."

"Where is Grandpa?"

"He's gone out."

"Mom?"

"She's must be in the kitchen."

"Okay.")

I move towards the kitchen but just as I am entering the kitchen mummy exists it and asks me

"When did you arrive?"

"Just now."

"Ok, feeling hungry?"

"Hell yasss I missed your cooking but I don't regret it because nani cooks better than you."

I wink at her and she scowls at me and says

"Ok then should I order from outside for you?"

"Noooo mummy! I was just kidding."

"Ik now go gather everyone at the dinner table."

"Aye aye captain."

I dramatically salute her and leave the kitchen and shout that dinner's ready
After few minutes everyone is at the table accept dadu (grandfather). After settling down papa asks me

"Ohooo you're home?"

"Yass."

"Had fun eating nani ke hath ka khana?"

"Absolutely but you missed it. It was so good you can't even imagine."

"Ok ok now stop you both or you won't be able to have this meal also."

It was dadi who interrupted us.
Yesss we said in an unison. The room falls silent as everyone concentrates on there meal. I'm cleaning the table afterwards that's when I hear my grandfather calling me 'theduu' I don't know what that nickname means but it's cute and I like it.

I quickly run out to grandfather and hug him. He returns the embrace

"We missed you."

"Dadu I was out for what like two days."

"Ya but still without you this home feels lifeless."

"Dadu, don't get all emo now I also missed you all."

"That's better."

"So how have you been? How was your visit with aum uncle!"

Aum uncle is dadu's childhood friend they have been always together through thick and thin.

"Well regarding that I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Let's sit and talk."

"Yeah"

We all settle down in the living room and by the looks of everyone I know they're going to tell me something related to Rihan Mehra but then how is that talk related to uncle aum?
Dadu clears his throat and stops my overthinking brain midway.

"So you know it was just our monthly meet but as we were just talking and chilling aum brought up the subject of his grandson and told me that he's returning back and I out of curiosity asked about him and I was surprised when I got to know that he's also pursuing the same degree as you so I was surprised and I just blurted it out that 'no way my granddaughter is also pursuing the same degree' and after hearing that we continued our conversation about you both and at the end aum surprised me by saying that we should marry you both off you both will be quite compatible for each other and honestly I was not against his idea because I've known him for what like ages and ik his family holds good reputation so I told him that first let me talk to my family and ahana then I'll answer you about the same so then I had a talk with your father and your father is quite happy with this proposal even your mother agreed that if ahana is okayy with it then I also agree and your dadi being your dadi said that she has known rihan from childhood it would be good to have him join our family now it's all up to you if you want this then we're happy about it and if you're not okay with this we are not going to force you."

"Yeah beta we only want best for you but we're not going to force you." it was papa saying this

Passing a envelope towards me dadu tells me to have a look at Rihan's pictures but how do I tell them all that I already met him in person and he's an arrogant prick but I do know aum uncle and I can't even think that they're related like how can he be aum uncle's grandson HOW?? I open the envelope in order to not let my family know that I've already seen him in his all glory I pull out the photo and there's him looking like a ruthless businessman in his all black tuxedo which highlights his eyes and for a moment I'm struck by his beauty it's just breathtaking, unreal like you can't just take your eyes off him. I quickly remind myself that I'm sitting in front of my all whole family. So I shove the picture inside the envelope and hand it back to dadu.

I address them all and say
"If you people think he's okay and perfect match for me then I don't have any objections."

After hearing this words from my mouth there's a silence as if no one expected this but this is it I knew it's going to happen either way.

Dadu breaks the silence by telling me that "You know aum uncle right! But his family has so many traditions which needs to be followed but one of those tradition is that you cannot meet each other before engagement."

I act surprised as if I didn't already know about it.

Dadu continues "There's no rush okayy beta take your time before deciding anything."

I quickly reply
"No dadu it's okay I agree if you all agree after all  we will have lots of time after the engagement just to know each other."

"Ok then I'll let aum uncle know about this."

"Okay, if we're done here I would like to go to bed."

"Yass yass jai shree krishna thedu."

"Okayy good night, jai shree krishna everyone."

After entering the room I head straight towards the bed and lie down the day was hectic not physically but mentally I need a good night's sleep  I hope so tomorrow I don't have to face Mr Rihan Mehra or should I say my fiance?