2. Family Opinions

Author's POV

Today was the day. The day Sharani and Anumita were excited and a little nervous about. They remembered their high school years where they would hope their children would be friends or marry each other and this wish could come true today.

The Rais held a party for their 5 years of business success and the Malhotras were the chief guests. Aadhirath had made sure that his son, Ekansh, took the whole day off as the party started at 10 in the morning and ended before lunch, but the Malhotra being chief guests, were called over for lunch, some family games, and talks till the late afternoon.

The last party they had held was 2 years ago, the 3rd anniversary. The Rai kids and the Malhotra kids had bonded a lot, playing games till the late evening and this time, Sharani and Aadhirath wanted to make sure that Ekansh would be there too.

"Abhimaan?!" Sharani called him from down in the hall, "Ji Baadi maa?" (Yes Baadi maa- Elder Aunt) he asked coming out of his room down the stairs, "Dushala aur tum sab ready ho gaye?" (Are you, Dushala and the rest ready?) she asked, standing in the hall and looking at the giant clock, with her husband who was talking to the head staff to take care of the mansion while they were out.

"Ji haan baadi maa, bas ek minute sab ko bula lata hu!" (Yes baadi maa, just a minute I'll call everyone out!) and with that he left for his room, informing Dushala as she came out revealing the couple in matching light pink outfits.

Abhimaan went to Ekansh's and Mridhula's room informing them while Dushala went to her in-laws. Everyone came out of their respective rooms. All the couples were wearing matching outfits, except for Ekansh and Mridhula.

The Malhotras made their way to the Rais in 2 Lambos and 2 BMWs. Aadhirath and Sharani, Ekansh and Mridhula in 2 Lambos, and Satyajeet and Chahna, Abhimaan and Dushala in 2 BMWs.

"Maine Anumita ko khaha hai ki Akshita ko Ekansh ke bare mai n bole-" (I have told Anumita to not inform Akshita about Ekansh-) Sharani started, reciting her conversation with Anumita to her husband.

"Sharani, Itna tension mat lo, jo hoga, accha hi hoga, hm?" (Sharani, don't take tension, what will happen, will happen for the good, hm?) Aadhirath ensured, holding her hands "Thik hai... nahi lungi tension..." (Okay, I won't worry.) she says sighing and nodding, looking out the window.

----------

"Chahna, tumhe pata hai, Sharani bhabhi Ekansh aur Akshita ki setting karwa rahi hai?" (Chahna, do you know that Sharani Bhabhi is trying to set up Ekansh and Akshita?) Satyajeet tells his wife, Chahna, like an aunty eager for gossip.

"Setting? Sacchi mai aap das saal ke bacche nahi hai?" (Set up? Are you sure you're not a 10-year-old kid?) she says, shaking her head at her husband.

"Tumhe lagta hai Ekansh haan bolega?" (Do you think Ekansh will say yes to this?)

"Ekansh ha bolega, ye sawal nahi hai Satyajeet, sawal to ye hai ki Akshita ha boligi ya nahi. Akshita jaise ladki ko koyi bhala kese na bol sakta hai?" (Whether Ekansh says yes or not doesn't matter. What matters is whether Akshita will say yes or not. Who will say no to a girl like Akshita?) she asks her husband, who nods, "Baat to sahi hai..." (You are quite right...)

----------

"Tumhe kya lagta hai Abhi?" (What do you think Abhi?) Dushala asks her husband. He knew Ekansh like the back of his hand.

"Kya matlab dusha, of course, inki shadi ho jayegi, mujhe bahut khushi hai ki Baadi Maa in iss rishte ke barein mai socha, she is perfect for him." (What do you mean Dusha? Of course, they'll get married. I am very happy baadi maa thought of this; she is perfect for him.)