Chapter 68- Needle and thread

Alastors POV:

Roo clicked her fingers and in an instant her clothes changed into a checkered grey top with a red and black coat covering her. The most noticeable change was the large floppy hat on her head and black ombré hair that flowed as if it was underwater.

(Roo)  (Alastor)

Funny, her name was Evelyn how...ironic.

How do you know that?

I've transferred myself into her body, I know everything about this poor woman. What a vile person to kill an innocent human...

I didn't know it would kill her and that's not who I am.

Who we are and who we have to be are two completely different things.

In a blink of an eye, Roo suddenly appeared behind me making a cold shiver run down my spine.

I pull one tiny thread and your whole life ends right here.

She plucked a single strand of my hair making me wince, I quickly turned around but...she disappeared.

So use your words wisely...why am I here?

Roo manifested again, scratching her fingernails on the wooden bookcases walking gradually towards me. My eyes darted in the sounds direction and she stared at me with a vicious mind working behind her crimson eyes.

I want to make a deal.

A deal?

I need the world to forget about me and another person.

Is that it?

Yes.

You are not thinking big enough Alastor, I can offer you so much more.

Like what?

Power but of course everything comes with a price. She smirked.

What do you mean by power?

Since you are obviously going to hell, why not be powerful when you arrive?

What do you want in return?

I just need you to take out a few Overlords for me when you enter hell, that's all~

Why can't you do that?

It's more interesting this way, the world is a stage and a stage is a world of entertainment!

I also know who you are, you have already made quite a name for your self in hell! The people you have dismembered really hate you it's hilarious!
You are a very unique person, I'm intrigued on what you can do with more...power.

So, you make everyone forget about me and y/n and in return I kill a few overlords for you?

Who's y/n?

She's just another person I need you to make the world forget about.

No, no I can tell by your face that this y/n means a lot more. Haha I thought you were heartless.

She is just someone I care about.

Ugh love, it makes you weak. I should get rid of her immediately.

No! Don't hurt her!

What's stopping me?

Please!

What if I keep an eye on her? Make sure she doesn't get in trouble? Would you make the deal then? Roos expression was demanding, she wasn't asking a question.

Okay

Perfect! Now sign right here. A glowing sheet of paper appeard out of thin air, a golden feather pen was held in my hand.

The pen rolled smoothly across the paper as I signed my name. All of a sudden I fell to the floor under the weight of a heavy chain around my neck, trying to breathe.

Oh Alastor...You are so gullible, you just signed your entire soul over to me. You were blinded by love and desperation. She rolled her eyes and cackled.

Roo yanked the chain that was wrapped round my neck closer to her.

Oh honey, don't look so defeated and forlorn. Nobody smart plays fair, you should know this by now. I've been around for a very.long.time. Didn't the deal seem too good to be true?

My smile fell and I wasn't in control.

Now, where were we? Oh yes...you were gasping for air.

The Chain disappeared as-well as Roo, the candles illuminating the room blew out and I was left in complete darkness.

Shit.

———————————————————
A/N

———————————————————A/N