Gone with the wind

Crashes, rears, whinnies, it all made sense, you were back where you'd started, that place, it terrified you but you knew how to control it now, your anger, your fear. You could only think of one specific person and that was Kiara, her smile, her warm hugs and her perfect riding, she's now your everything and it's your turn to protect her, so what are you going to do? Protect her... Or kill her? If you really want to protect her, will you have to move on? Leave her behind, it's her safety over yours now, you've made this decision, so you've put your whole future on the line for Kiera, isn't that crazy? 

Let's move back to about a week ago, shall we..?

All you could think about was Kiara and her silly little smile, you loved her company, but you knew if one of her other horses somehow got out you'd be fully and quickly dead. She hadn't ridden any of them since you arrived, and you could feel their anger anywhere, even without seeing any of them, you just knew. You thought it'd slowly go away, but this anger never left, not even after some died. After the Stallion died due to a broken back from slipping during field time Kiara hadn't ridden any of you since. You knew it broke her mentally, she didn't feed you for a few days after either, it broke you, broke you enough to feel enough pain to break your stable door down.

She knew of your existence, she just couldn't bare seeing another horse, that stallion must've been her whole world. That's until about two or three days after he had passed she came running through the barn straight towards you, it surprised you, but you weren't that shocked as she seems to only like riding you, even though you almost killed her once. She didn't say one word, but you knew what she was doing. She had the same long brown, broken, torn down rope she had used to capture not only you, but all of her horses.

She kicked the broken stable door to the side, grabbed your hair and tugged herself up like the floor would swallow her in that second. She kicked so tight it burnt, that's when you knew her anger, that anger... You felt the anger course through your veins like it was coming straight from... Wait, that anger. It was coming from you, she triggered that same feeling from your herds, you galloped out the stable and rushed up the tightly tilted hillside exactly where she caught you, but instead of seeing your herds awaiting you, there lay a pile of maybe 16 or 18 horse skeletons. 

It broke you, you couldn't see it then, but now you realized why they were looking at you, over that hillside. They needed you to see what had happened, in that moment you swore to have felt all of the guilt and proudness of your herds, watching as you stare at their remains. Now you knew it, they were so proud that you had taken care of Kiara. But you had that vision, that strange vision you saw, you remember seeing it over on repeat at least once a year, but how did you know it was going to happen and why didn't you stop it?

You were so focused on the thoughts of your peers that you hadn't noticed the aching pain of Kiara's kicks against your stomach. You had the burning urge to go wherever she wanted, protection, care, trust, you two had the perfect bond, but not now, not as this moment. You reared, higher than ever, and back she fell, nothing to grab onto she hit the sharp rock and stayed put, staring into your eyes as you quickly turned, staring back. Protection. You stood over her, awaiting it, you knew it was coming. But what? The thought made everything ache, it was getting closer, galloping towards you, it felt... Warm, it got hotter as it came closer.

Kiara tried to get up, but every time she tried she had a burning ache in her back, how you knew? That bond you had created, that one specific bond between you and this human had connected you two together like a puzzle piece, too perfectly. Trust. You only had to wait a few more seconds, you felt the burn of skin falling, but you were perfectly unharmed, you quickly turned, checking for any burning on Kiara, all clear. This was it. It was here, you felt the chilling ache of it's eyes staring into your soul, eating off it like an apple to the core.