[ sequel ]

THE PATRIARCH'S COURT

https://www.wattpad.com/story/368351087-the-patriarch%27s-court

"Trust no one," Avon said. "No one, do you hear me? There's not a person in this court without a knife behind their back." 

Valerie Crescent is the most powerful sorcerer in Maskamere. Taken captive by the Drakonian Empire, she's been forced to serve her sworn enemy: the Emperor's son, Lord James Avon.

Two years after the Empire's conquest of Maskamere, Lord Avon has successfully put down the resistance and finished off what remains of the royal family. Or so he thinks.

When Valerie is possessed by the queen from beyond the grave, he acts swiftly to remove the threat--by taking Valerie to his homeland, Drakon, where magic doesn't exist and the queen cannot follow.

Trapped and powerless, Valerie must find a way home if she is to regain her freedom. But she's not the only one in trouble. Lord Avon's actions in Maskamere have caught the attention of the Drakonian Senate, and there are plenty in Drakon who would see him fall.

In a court of lies and intrigue, Valerie and Avon may have to learn to rely on each other to survive.

🙞

Follow The Patriarch's Court now for weekly updates on Thursdays.

Thank you for reading!

Wren :3