Chapter 69- Regret

Y/N POV:

Alastor leaned into the door, opening it. He looked shaken and glum.

He wasn't smiling...

You rushed out of the bed and over to him, holding his arms. He was in a state of panic and desperation, your chest felt tight with worry.

"Alastor, what happened are you okay?!" You asked, he avoided eye contact with you.

"I-" He walked past you, sitting on the edge of the bed, holding his head in frustration and slightly pulling on his hair.

"A-Alastor?" You sat next to him and held his hands to stop him from damaging his hair more.

He really needs to stop hurting himself when he's frustrated, he's going to go bald if he continues this habit...

"What happened?" You sighed and moved closer to him, with a worried expression.

Please be okay.

"I-I don't want to talk about it right now y/n, I just want to sleep" He stuttered.

"Tell me tomorrow...okay?" You insisted and he hummed in agreement. You both laid down and your arm was around his chest, his heartbeat was rapid and you snuggled him closer hoping it will calm him down.

Alastors POV:

I just stared at my ceiling in disbelief and disappointment in myself. I knew I'm not going to sleep at all tonight but at least I still have y/n.

I just sold my soul, why didn't I read the fucking contract?!

What will her reaction be when I tell her? Mad? Angry? Disappointed? Will she even want to be with someone so stupid and gullible?!

I hate this and I can't do shit about it.

There must be some way to break the contract or alter it some way?

"tu es tellement stupide Alastor!" I exclaimed and y/n jolted up stunned by my out burst.

"I'm sorry mon amour, go back to sleep..." I sighed and lifted the blankets back on top of us.

"Alastor? What did you just say?" She yawned.

"Don't worry about it." I smiled and kissed her gently on the cheek.

"Can you teach me French?" She mumbled.

"I suppose I could...I speak broken French though, it won't be perfect. I picked it up from my mother." I explained and she gave me an exited expression.

"That's fine, I love the language or maybe I just love you speaking it~" She grinned and cuddled me close.

"tu me rends si heureux, je t'adore beaucoup~" I whispered.

"Huh?" She tilted her head in confusion.

"Soon you will be able to understand what I just said~" I smirked.

"Ugh the only French words I know are: Bonjour, au revoir, the names you call me." She rolled her eyes and rested her head against my chest.

~time skip to morning~