Chapter 40

Bruce and Stella wake up in a room full of owl masked rich people

Bruce and Stella wake up in a room full of owl masked rich people. "Welcome, Mrs. And Mr.Wayne." Grandmaster of the Court of Owls. Said to them .
" Not exactly a warm welcome you almost killed us !." Stella shouts as she fixed her outfit.

" If we'd wanted you dead, you wouldn't be here now." Grandmaster of the Court of Owls replied. " who the heck are you no taste people " Stella says as Bruce looked slightly Annoyed before asking who they were .

" The Grandmaster of the Court of Owls." The mysterious masked person said .

" I would say the Court of Owls is merely a legend." Bruce said seriously towards them .

"A legend we are, but one rooted in fact.
There was a time when the Court of Owls stood behind every wall, in every shadow.

We whispered and Gotham trembled.

Not a leaf fell without our permission.

A golden age." The master of the court of owls explaining them selves , Stella wasn't really in the mood for all of this as she was still pissed at her husband for earlier.

" Sadly, all golden ages come to end like my last season shoes, I donate to charity." Stella commented .

"A faction rose against us that even our talons couldn't stop.We were forced to retreat.But we never surrendered." The master of the court of owls responded to her before Bruce spoke

"And now... -You're back. Why?"

"Because we care, Mr. Wayne." The master of the court of owls responded.
"Just as our fathers and grandfathers and great-grandfathers cared.We are, and always have been, the sons and daughters of Gotham's wealthiest.We know far better than the rabble what's best for our city."
Stella scoffed. " cocky much ."
"In other words, you want to control Gotham." Bruce said understanding.

" How else to restore a city that's spiraled into chaos?That's become a cesspool, a charnel house?A magnet for freaks, lunatics , helpless fairies , clueless fairies and delusional vigilantes?.We have a vision of Gotham's future, Mrs.Wayne and Mr. Wayne.
And so, we understand - do you?" A hologram of the future vision of Gotham appears as Stella and Bruce look over at it before two  podiums rises with a white owl mask sitting upon it . Stella looks over at Bruce who had a serious expression on his face .