Chapter 41

[ the next morning]

Lexie ( in her robin costume ) woke up in apartment building that she didn't recognize. She looks around the place . Before she hears someone walk in and pulls out her batarang in defense.

" oh my goodness." Samantha said as Lexie quickly put it away . " sorry ." Lexie said lowly before Samantha smiled. " it's ok , you must be robin right Batman's side kick and companion like I'm such a big fan." Lexie nods in her direction. " Yeah .. I should go get going now, but thank you for taking care of me ." Lexie was about to walk past her when Samantha grabbed her hand . " stay you seem like you want to talk ." Lexie paused and sighed. She was still crying under her mask. A flashbsck plays in her head from when she first met damion

[ lexiesflash back]

" you can go now I don't need your company ." Damion says to her harshly. Lexie shrugs . " you know that this room is a jointed room ." Damion raised an eyebrow.
" meaning."

" we're roommates !  ." Lexie shouted happily" high five bro !" Damion stared at her blankly like she was a complete moron . " Uh, will work on it ." Lexie sighs, putting her hand slowly down.

[ end of flash back ]

Samantha smiled secretly at robin when she moved to sat on her bed .

" what's bothering you robin?" Samantha asked  as she handed her a cup of water . " Lexie takes it . " it's just I wanted to believe that there was still hope that you know a person can change .. basically, I was friends with someone. I thought I could be a good person, but i was wrong! ." Lexie sighs before rubbing her head. " I tried so hard because I had hope..but maybe she was right, or maybe I'm just stupid  ." Lexie says, thinking about her sister frustrated , Samantha touched her hand lightly. As Lexie stares at her, blushing slightly under her mask, " your not stupid , you have such a wonderful gift robin  your able to look at things in such positive way .." Samantha walks towards her big, large window to view down on the city . " You remind me of myself actually, I have such high hopes for this city but Sadly sometimes you'll learn  people don't change . They only fool themselves into believing they can ." Lexie raised an eyebrow not wanting to believe that . " you don't know that ."

Samantha turns to stare at the young blonde robin . " trust me sweetheart , I'm only telling you the truth because I care about you."

" you do ...you don't even know me ." Samantha laughs lightly . " not yet .. come with me robin I want to show you something." Samantha says, holding her hand out to Lexie ,  she looks hesitant at first but goes along with her . " Where are we going ?" robin asked, Samantha smilies leading her out of her home. " You'll see."

[ meanwhile at Wayne manor , batcave ]

Bruce decided not to freak out Stella yet of the disappearance of now thier daughter along with Damion who've gone off the grid .

" I can't keep that from Stella she deserves to know what's going on ." Tecna said crossing her arms .

" trust me I plan to tell her once I get them back for now I want you to track down a tracker I placed during my visit to the court of the owls ." Bruce says seriously as tecna goes to her computer and minutes later she was able to track down the tracker he had place . " I'll send you the location now ." Tecna said then turns over and noticed him gearing up as Batman. " it might be trap I advise you to at least take someone with you ." Tecna said as bruce refused knowing the risk . " Bruce at least let me go with you just in case they ambush you ." Tecna said seriously however Bruce told her she would be more useful here in the batcave .