Chapter 21

Unknown P.O.V.

How did that not work? I growled inwardly to myself as I watched my boss maneuver around on his crutches. I sighed softly, "Don't you think you should rest, Mark?" I spoke out, getting irritated. "I will only rest when I figure out how our plan went so wrong to get Felix hurt like that. He could have died." Mark spat as he continued to work his way around different tables of screens and papers. 'It was supposed to be you who died...' I thought bitterly, as I stared at him. The others in the room were concerned for our boss's health.

I wanted to scoff at how they were acting, but I couldn't without revealing I was the reason. Our plan failed miserably, the boss is still alive, Felix got hurt, and we found out that the group Stray Kids, is keeping a lovely beautiful girl all to themselves. I mentally smirked as I watched everything. "Ugh, if you won't rest, at least eat something." I said as I turned to go have the kitchen staff make food. 

Once the food was made, I decided I would carry it up to everyone, keeping Boss's bowl just a bit separate and pouring an odorless, tasteless liquid into his bowl of stew. Before entering the room once more. I handed the boss his bowl, before passing out the rest and grabbing mine each had a spoon and a pair of chopsticks with the bowl. I leaned against the wall and carefully started eating mine, as I watched my boss sigh softly before starting to eat his. 

It wasn't quick acting, meaning I had time to do what was needed, but soon in a week at a minimum depending on how his immune system handles it, no doubt, he would become ill, then it would be time. I smiled softly, "Mmm this stew is so good. It feels nice to have such a homey meal with you guys." I pressed out, my eyes meeting the rest of the group who all nodded in agreement, unaware. I chuckled to myself before finishing my bowl collecting the empty ones, and taking them back down to the kitchen. My mind running with thoughts of what my next move would be.

I went to my room to text someone, letting them know it was done. This time I can't fail if I do, I lose all three of them. I closed my eyes running my figures through my hair semi-long dark hair. Tears silently slipped from my eyes, as I looked up at the ceiling. I would save them at any cost. I sighed to myself, curling into a ball.

Seungmin's P.O.V.

I sat in my room with Jeongin playing video games together, sitting in the colored bean bags as we beat each level. The sudden sound of rage-filled yelling and sobs filled our ears, making our heads turn, before we heard quick footsteps. We both threw down our controllers as we got up making our way out the door, just missing seeing Sora's crying form run past us into Han's room, hearing the door slap and click locked. 

Han would soothe her, I know it. But why was she crying? I turned my head to see Hyunjin glaring at Chan's office door, before seeing Felix walk out looking back at the door, as it clicked close behind him. His eyes are wide at the sudden sound of Chan yelling even angrier than the rage-filled yelling and sobs we previously heard. 

I looked between them as all four of us got closer to the door, eavesdropping on what was happening. But what we heard, made all of us look at each other, tears filled my eyes as I looked at Hyunjin who looked rageful, I quickly acted, rushing forward, pushing Hyunjin into a room and closing the door before he could react and barge into the room with Chan and Minho. I turned looking at the other two. Jeongin looked on the verge of crying, and Felix held a shocked expression like he was suddenly filled with regret. Which confused me even more. But Hyunjin trying to yank open the door, distracted me enough as I heard Chan yell for Changbin before we saw Changbin's appearance.

I watched the other two move out of his way, and out of view of the doorway as Chan stormed out, clueless to us being there just storming off, seething, making all of us flinch back. Before Changbin walked out with bloody Minho, dragging him off to wherever Chan told him to take him. The moment he was out of sight I released my hold on the door, stumbling away from it as it ripped itself open and Hyunjin's red eyes appeared, his rage gone, and filled with hopelessness. He ran to me and collapsed onto his knees, wrapping his arms around my torso and sobbing. "I failed her...I told her I'd protect her." He cried into my shirt. 

I couldn't fault him for feeling like he was. I failed her too. We all did. We all wanted to protect her. This was something we could only hope to make up for. We all messed up. We let her get hurt in a place she should have been safe. Guilt filled me as I softly pet Hyunjin's long newly blonde hair. "Don't blame yourself, we all failed her. We are all to blame..." I muttered, my jaw clenching at my words. But I didn't know how to comfort him otherwise, so I just let him hold me and cry as I stood there. Felix came over to me and hugged me as well, moments later Jeongin joined in. The trio clung to me like I would disappear. But I just looked down as tears of my very own slipped from my eyes. 

We shouldn't be blaming ourselves. But I know we can't help but feel like we all failed her. The sound of footsteps closed in as I looked up and saw Changbin returning he sighed softly, petting my head before walking past the bundle of boys wrapped around me and making his way in the direction Chan had gone.