Chapter 70- Hide

Alastors POV:

I HAD to lie I can't just tell y/n that I've sold my soul and I'm now someone's puppet as soon as I die?!

~one day time skip~

It's been getting harder to hide my emotions, y/n seems to be able to know what I'm actually feeling underneath my smile. She hasn't found out that I lied yet, and I will keep it that way.

We were both sat close to the crackling fire, I could tell this winter was going to get frosty. I rested my chin on her head, watching the flames dance around.

"I have a question." She mumbled.

"What is it?~" I asked.

"How do we know if people have forgotten us? What if she lied?"

"We can find out tonight? Just walk around...if someone recognizes us then we kill them if not then we can decide whether or not to kill them!" I laughed but she didn't seem amused.

Maybe I could bring the body back...I miss the taste of human flesh...

"I know this isn't your favorite subject to talk about but IF we do murder someone tonight, I would like to bring their body back here..."

"Why?" She paused and it took her a few seconds to realize. "Oh...to eat?"

"Indeed" I hummed.

"Why are you a cannibal?" She asked and I was a bit stunned at her sudden question.

"That's a very large question to ask...so, you want to know why I am a cannibal? "

"Yes."

"Hmm...well at first I killed people who had it coming but then I got more creative, had a bit more fun haha. Gradually I started to take parts home with me, to inspect. Curiosity got the better of me and I took a bite of an arm, it was a different taste and I wondered if all the other human body parts tasted the same or not. Eventually, I started to cook them and make my own recipes!" As soon as I spoke the last word it reminded me of the judge and the officer in court...

"DAMMIT! I forgot they took my recipe book! I spent Ages writing that!!!" I sighed, and fell back onto the floor.

"It's fine just make another one?" She shrugged and turned around.

It took years?! How am I supposed to remember everything?

"Ugh, I guess I could..." I rolled my eyes and she jumped on top of me.

"What are you doing?~" I asked, smiling up at her.

"This!" She grabbed my glasses and started to run away.

"Hey! I need them!" I squinted my eyes and hurriedly got up to chase after her.

Everything was slightly blurry, my eyesight wasn't that bad but it still needed me to wear glasses to properly focus. Her footsteps stopped...she was hiding.

"Y/n! Give me my glasses back!" I called out but no sound replied.

I glanced over to my shadow and it pointed to where she was.