10

Naruto woke up after Sasuke. The latter watched Naruto's eyelashes flutter open, his lips parting slightly as he took a deep breath then let it out slowly.

"Good morning," Sasuke greeted as Naruto's eyes opened the rest of the way.

The blond paused, looking startled, before chuckling slightly, looking down at Sasuke. "Morning..."

His voice had a rasp to it that was pleasant on the ears. A small smile touched the corners of Sasuke's mouth. Naruto looked adorable in the mornings: messy hair, flushed face, hazy eyes. Out of all the times Naruto had stayed over, Sasuke never tired of admiring Naruto in the mornings.

Sasuke, deciding enough was enough, slowly got off of Naruto. He was unsteady on his feet, nearly slipping as soon as he stood. Naruto grabbed his elbow, supporting him.

"Thanks," Sasuke muttered as Naruto let go.

"Welcome," Naruto replied, yawning.

The two made their way towards the kitchen, an awkward silence between them. Sasuke wasn't sure what to make of anything. First, there was the cute guy from the Cafe, then there was his crush-who he has liked for quite some time. The two are polar opposites, one flirty and handsome, one cute and energetic. Sasuke was conflicted. Not just by this, but by the fact that he and Naruto had been curled up together for a while the night before. How exactly had they ended up like that? And was Naruto okay with it?

Sasuke pushed these thoughts aside as he began digging around for food. Naruto sat at the table, yawning.

"So," Naruto began as Sasuke grabbed the pancake mix. "You fell asleep pretty early last night."

Freezing, Sasuke gulped. "Okay? And?" His cheeks were hot with embarrassment.

Naruto giggled. "Oh, nothing. Just...you fell asleep on me last night. And I somehow woke up with you in my arms. It was kind of funny."

"Yeah, and it was also an accident," Sasuke bit back, needing his mortification to go away before he started shaking.

"I know," Naruto whispered, his tone much softer, making Sasuke's ears turn red. "But I was just saying...It was amusing. I didn't mind it, though. I've known you for so long that it didn't bother me."

Feeling flustered and annoyed with himself, Sasuke quickly began making their breakfast, feeling Naruto's eyes om his back.

"Mhm..." Sasuke murmured. It was a delayed response, but a response nonetheless.

Naruto chuckled, his voice less rough than before. "We should do it again sometime."

•••

Hinata was at the library, which was how she spent most of her Sundays. She and Kiba were supposed to meet up but a family matters had interfered and now she was alone, perusing the shelves on her own.

Nothing caught her interest. She'd read quite a few of these novels already, plus they didn't have much of her favorite genre: horror. Specifically psychological horrors and thrillers. They held a sort of enthralling terror that appealed to her morbid curiosity. When she told people this, however, they tended to stare at her as if she were a display in a circus, a show being out on before them. Which didn't make any sense, as it was simply a genre of book, nothing more. What was the big deal?

The door to the library opened. Hinata happened to be near the entrance, so she heard the voice before she saw the person. There were two people, actually, though only one was speaking.

"Oh! How quaint!" The voice belonged to Sakura, Hinata's long-time friend and crush, who had texted her last night and told her the news of her breakup.

Hinata wouldn't say she was happy that the two broke up, but she wouldn't say she was disappointed. Now, though, she heard a second set of footsteps alongside Sakura's, meaning she wasn't alone. And Sakura didn't usually come to this library, she preferred the one downtown, as it was larger.

This meant that Sakura was likely on a date, or maybe that was Hinata's brain simply assuming the worst.

"I love this place," a deep, gentle voice said. The footsteps belonged to the voice. "It's so cozy."

The two came into view. A taller man with green eyes and dark, warm skin was walking hand-in-hand with Sakura, who was giggling and blushing.

Hinata felt her heart drop into her stomach, felt her insides twist, and felt her body stiffen. They were definitely on a date. No doubt about it.

This shouldn't have bothered Hinata as much as it did, or so she told herself. She was jealous, a knot of pain forming in her chest.

Her eyes stung with unshed tears.

The only woman she had ever fallen for had moved on to the next man.

Then, realization hit: did Naruto know?

Hinata scrambled, attempted to grab her phone and dial the blondes number. Once she did, she hit the call button and shifty began to head outside. She didn't want anyone overhearing this.

A/N
Thank you for all of the support! And thank you for commenting and voting. That's the only thing keeping me going right now! Otherwise I may have dropped the story, but the people who are invested in it have kept me on the path I needed to be.

Thank you, again, and enjoy!