62

-Night Time-

-Y/n Pov-

Me and Peter walks down the hallway of his apartment. He was wearing pink Hello Kitty pajamas and an oversized NYC tourist T-shirt.

I felt my heart shatter as I watched the confrontation between Peter and my father unfold.

The hurt and betrayal etched onto Peter's face was almost too much for me to bear.

This was all my fault - if only I had been more diligent in my duties, if only I had been honest from the start.

As my father took the suit from Peter's trembling hands, I wanted nothing more than to throw myself between them, to try and make him understand.

But the stern, unforgiving look in my father's eyes told me that any attempted intervention would be futile.

He even gave me my punishment shot he use to give me as a kid that temporarily stopped my powers for 3 days.

When we finally reached Peter's apartment, the deafening silence that hung in the air was nearly suffocating.

I tentatively reached out, laying a gentle hand on Peter's arm.

Y-Peter... please, talk to me

I pleaded, my voice barely above a whisper.

Y-I'm so sorry, I never meant for any of this to happen.

He recoiled from my touch, his jaw clenched tightly.

Peter-Save it, Y/N

He spat, his words laced with a bitterness I had never heard from him before.

Peter-You knew exactly what you were doing, didn't you? You were just my glorified babysitter this whole time, reporting back to your precious daddy.

I felt the sting of tears burning in my eyes, my heart sinking with each venomous word.

Y-No, Peter, that's not true! My powers was also taken away

Peter-temporarily. He isn't giving me mine back at all!

Y-Ik and Im sorry. I care about you, I really do. I was just trying to—

Peter-Trying to what?

He interrupted, his voice rising in volume.

Peter-Protect me? Spare my feelings? Well congratulations, you did a real bang-up job of that.

He let out a humorless laugh, shaking his head in disgust.

Peter-You know, I actually thought you were different. That you saw me as more than just some helpless kid that needed to be coddled.

Y-I do see you that way, Peter!

I cried, the tears finally spilling down my cheeks.

Y-Please, you have to believe me. I never wanted to hurt you, I—

Peter-It's too late for that

He said, his gaze hardening.

Peter-I don't want you living here anymore. I can't even look at you without feeling...betrayed.

I stood there, rooted to the spot, as the full weight of his words settled over me.

He... he was breaking up with me. After everything we had been through, everything we had built together, it was all crumbling down around me.

Y-Peter, please...

I begged, my voice cracking with emotion.

Y-Don't do this to us. I love you, I—