3 AM and I'm still awake - Part 2

2. The truth is out there 

"Trav?" she whispers. "Travis?"

"Hmm?"

"Trav, are you awake?"

"Um, no? Why why are you?" he grouses, not opening his eyes.

They returned to the hotel later than normal tonight after the second Madrid show because they'd had a round of drinks backstage for one of the band members' birthdays. She crawled into bed the minute they'd walked in the door, so he is confused as to why she is awake right now.

"I can't sleep. I have something stuck in my head, and I can't get it out," she complains.

"Baby, go write it down or make a voice memo. I thought those help?"

"Well..."

He finally opens his eyes to her peering down at him sheepishly.

"It's not music?" he asks.

"Errr...no," she replies, acting a bit cagey as to what exactly is keeping her up.

"Oh, OH! Is it?" he trails off, sliding his hand across her stomach.

"Sorry, babe. That's not it either."

"Okay, well, just spill it."

"What if..." she pauses but then rushes out. "Do you think aliens think we are the aliens?"

"The hell are you talking about right now?" he exclaims, sitting up. "Did you take an edible or something?

He tries not to sound exasperated but it is the ass crack of dawn. And yet he's also close to laughing at her and her very serious face.

Burying her head in the pillow she says, "No! I just...it popped into my head and now I can't sleep."

He gives up and starts laughing, "Tay."

"Shut up," comes the muffled reply as she pushes her face further into the pillow.

"I mean that is a very important question," he teases. "Can I borrow it for the podcast?"

"I hate you."

"Oh, I know for sure that isn't true," he says scooting closer to her. "Sorry, I'll stop teasing. Let's figure it out."

He takes out his phone. She just mumbles into her pillow.

"What was that?" he questions.

She lifts her head and rubs at her eyes. She is very cute when overly tired.

"We need an alien to answer. We'll never know."

"Uh-huh," he nods. "Well, Google tells me that both Bill Nye and Hank Green are big fans of yours. So maybe we try to get some sleep right now and we can ask them tomorrow."

"You're rude—no, wait," she stops, grabbing his hand. "That is a great idea. I know Bill!"

"See! Problem solved for now. Sleep?" he asks, hoping to get her some shut eye after a marathon day.

"Bill Nye will help," she reiterates, fading fast. "He's nice."

"Very nice," he adds, reaching down to kiss her hair. "Sleep tight, silly girl."

She drapes her arm across his waist and closes her eyes. He looks back down at his phone and clicks on one more result.

"Wait, Tay! Hank Green has already had to tell you not to eat grass?"

A/N Yes, Hank Green did tell Taylor to not eat grass, give it a google.