Chapter 1: Park or my House?

"Oh my gosh, look how big you've gotten!' Harry's mother exaggerates while she places strands of his hair back in place with her saliva.

"Mother please." Harry whines, batting way her pestering hands. Every year this happens, his mother starts to cry and blurts out how proud she is of him. He's not even in his senior year yet and she's already so emotional.

" I can't help it! I'm so proud of you Harry, such a good boy!" His mother praises as a tear rolls down her cheek. Harry rolls his eyes at her. So dramatic he thinks.

"Mother, thank you, but I'm going to be late if you keep carrying on."

He informs her and his mother's eyes widen.

"Oh, sorry dear. You know me." She says sheepishly. Harry says goodbye by kissing his mother's cheek before heading to the bus station where he meets his best mate since grade seven, Liam Payne.

"Hello." Liam smiles warmly. "Hey, sorry I'm late, mother was being emotional again."

Harry apologises and Liam laughs. "Typical."

He smirks and Harry nods. The bus arrives and Liam and Harry take their usual sits at the front, away from the trouble makers and homophobes.

"Did you know apparently Louis Tomlinson got arrested last night?" Liam suddenly asks and Harry's heart flutters stupidly at the mention of his name.

Harry has just a minor crush on Louis, just minor. He's been fantasising about Louis for as long as he can remember.

"Really?"

Liam nods. "But they're just rumours so who knows." Liam shrugs and Harry nods.

Harry would be a little disappointed if Louis did get arrested. If he did, that meant he wouldn't get to see Louis. And Harry really wants to see Louis. Even though Harry and Louis never talk, Harry feels a strong connection to the Yorkshire boy. Unbelievable really.

Liam and Harry jump of the bus and walk towards Dever High. They stroll casually to their lockers which conveniently are situated next to each other.

Harry hears heaving footsteps coming down the hall, and when he looks up he sees Louis and one of his mates sprinting down the hall. Harry can't help but stare.

They run straight past him and not a minute later a voice is booming. "Tomlinson, Malik! I will find you!" Everyone's heads are faced towards Principal Darren.

"Fuck you sir!" Louis' voice yells and Zayn's laughter follows.

Darren's face is red with rage. "What are you all looking at? Get to class!" He orders and everyone scrambles to their classes.

Harry and Liam are heading to their classes when Liam whistles. "Please tell me why you are in love with him again?" Liam shakes his head in disbelief. Harry glares at him.

"I am not in love with him. It's just a petty crush." Harry clarifies. Liam laughs. "Okay, whatever you say." Liam teases and Harry whacks him with one of his books.

Liam and Harry part their ways as Liam heads to Science and Harry heads to English.

*

Harry takes his usual seat at the front and takes out his notepad. The bell rings and just in time Louis stumbles in through the door.

"Mr Tomlinson, how nice of you to show up today." Miss Harrison says dully.

Louis winks at her and looks around to take a seat. Harry can't help but examine the boy from head to toe.

Louis' wearing long black pants with the ends rolled up. A plain black t-shirt and his signature Spiderman Vans. His hair is messy as it always is, but a good messy. Harry doesn't understand how such a simple look can look so good on some people. Then again it is Louis Tomlinson.

"What'cha staring at Styles?" Someone calls from the back Harry realises he's been gawking at Louis. "I- I..." Harry stutters.

Harry faces his head to his desk looking away from Louis. He knows he's blushing madly now. Good going.

He hears Louis chuckle before Louis says, "Leave the kid alone Bryce, I like being stared at." Laughs fill the class.

Louis sits down next to him and Harry internally groans.

"Alright calm down please. Let us not involve ourselves in Mr Styles' love life." Miss Harrison snaps and a few snickers are heard at the last comment. Harry's mouth parts slightly at Miss Harrison. Thank you Miss Harrison, really, thank you.

Louis smirks at Harry's embarrassment. He finds it oddly cute that the curly haired boy has an obvious crush on him.Who could blame him?

The lesson starts and Miss Harrison drones on about the new year and how it's not any different from last year. Louis has zoned out by now and focuses his attention to Harry.

Louis has seen this boy before, but not up close. He's quite good looking if he says so himself. Perfect pink, full, heart shaped lips. Good God. Louis' mind instantly fills with dirty thoughts about what those lips could do. He shakes his head. He doesn't even know the boy and he's getting hard. This is ridiculous.

"L-Louis?" Harry asks, waving a large hand in front of his face. "W-What?" Louis says oblivious.

"I think you zoned out. We're partners for the project." Harry explains and Louis looks startled.

"Project?" He questions and Harry nods.

"Unfortunately yes. It was expected though, I guess." Harry says and passes the explanation sheet over to Louis. "Read through it and you'll understand. I don't think you were listening," Harry grins and Louis lets out a breathless laugh. "Yeah, yeah. Thanks."

Louis takes the piece of paper and reads quickly, skipping half of it. But he gets the idea. The sheet says that the task is to write about something overrated.

"Okay, so...what topic would you like to, um us, write about?" Harry asks awkwardly. Louis shrugs. "I don't mind, I'm sure you'll come with something great."

Louis smiles and Harry nods. "Alright. Well, where would you like to study, we can't at mine, Mother isn't really fond of strangers coming over." Harry says adding the bit about his mother's strange custom.

"Mother?" Louis questions as if it's a foreign word.

"More proper. Don't ask." Harry laughs and Louis smiles.

"I guess we could, study at the park, or my house?" Louis offers. "How about the park?"

Louis nods. "Cool." Louis and Harry continue to discuss what topic and other things relating to the project.