Chapter 19 : Uncover The Truth

An obnoxious startles Louis awake on a Sunday morning. He rubs his drowsy eyes, removing any sleep. He doesn’t bother to put on a t-shirt since whoever is at the door as probably already seen him topless. He slugs over the door and opens it, expecting it to be Zayn but instead it’s Liam. Louis frowns when Liam brusquely walks past him and into his flat.

“Zayn isn’t here, by the way.” Louis states as he watches Liam scope the unorganised apartment. He can hear Liam huff in frustration before he snaps unexpectedly. “I’m not looking for fucking Zayn!”

Louis’ eyes widen in surprise. “Sorry, I just thought maybe tha-“ He’s cut off by Liam’s angry voice. “Well you thought wrong. I’m sure you know that Zayn and I are no longer together. I have no business with him anymore. I’m actually here to see you.”

Louis raises an eyebrow. He doesn’t say anything though. Louis looks away from Liam and heads towards the kitchen to make himself some well need tea. Liam sighs before following the tattooed man. Louis offers Liam tea as a distraction and Liam simply stares at him. Louis swallows already knowing what this is going to be about.

“What is it then, Liam?” Louis asks hesitantly as he faces the slowly heating kettle. “I want to what game you’re playing Louis. The deal’s been over for a while now, I know you’re still pissed about it and I’m sorry. But don’t take you’re bitterness and pin it on Harry. He’s young and naïve. He’ll do anything for you, and by that I mean even pleasuring you.” The painful hiss from the kettle startles both boys and Louis pours the steaming hot water into a mug with a teabag, but finds an extreme urge to dump it over Liam.

How dumb does Liam think he really is? He knows Harry’s young and stupid, he doesn’t want to abuse that innocence despite what everyone thinks. He loves Harry. He isn’t using him, as of late.

Liam sighs again when he notices Louis’ passive face. “Louis! I don’t understand what you want from Harry, there’s no need for you to be around him anymore. Please Louis, be decent for once and don’t make him believe that you actually truly have feelings for him.” Liam begs for his bestfriend. Harry will be heart broken and that was the main factor that Liam was most afraid of.

Harry is practically his brother. His stupid, naïve, dumb and in love little brother. And it’s Liam’s fault. He put Harry in this position. He knew he couldn’t trust Louis.

Louis finally speaks up. “You know how I am Liam. I wouldn’t have fucked around with Harry so long if I didn’t at least care for him. My heart isn’t completely black. Maybe I made him believe I have genuine feelings for him because I do! Pretty unbelievable isn’t it? Louis Tomlinson the heartless, fucked up piece of shit being in love with some rich kid!” Louis shouts at Liam. Louis’ hands are shaking and the mug of tea stumbles out of his hand and crashes to the ground.

Louis groans before dropping to his knees. “Louis.” Liam calls out softly. He places a hand on Louis’ shoulder calming the shaking boy. “I just- I’m not, I can love someone but maybe I don’t deserve the love back. I’m so fucked in the brain-“ Louis’ words are cut up by ugly sobs and Liam pulls him into himself.

They stay in that position until Louis is placid in Liam’s arms, there are still small tears that escape Louis’ sky blue eyes.

“I’m so sorry.” Louis mutters ever so quietly. Liam simply hushes him.

*

Harry fidgets as he sits on one of the pews. He’s sitting next to his mother who has a bible in her slightly wrinkly hand. The book his tattered like his journal. His mother frowns at Harry when she notices his twitching hands.

“What is wrong with you lately?” She whispers to him in concern. Harry bites his lip then shakes his hand. “Nothing mother.” Anne examines Harry once more before opening the bible and reading one of her favourite verses.