Chapter Twenty

You're calm, you're in a haze. That is all you felt since you took those anxiety pills. You've slept through the night, and during the day your anxiety or any negative emotions were in check. Honestly, if you were allowed to just sleep you would do exactly that. However, Shōko said it was best to take the recommended pills until you were able to fully control your curse energy. But also until you got used to seeing curses. 

The next morning you didn't expect to feel relaxed, or indifferent when the first thing you say was a tiny curse. It was the size of a cat, but it wasn't as cute as a cat though.

However, the creature lay on your bed like a cat and didn't do much as you got up and got ready for the new day. You'll get a break here and there with how exhausted you feel, and despite the bed calling out to you, you pushed through.

And then you sent a message to your parents and a picture explaining why you haven't been in contact. After that, Junpei was already waiting for you out of the door. He was glad to see you, but not the way he wanted to see you. He didn't like seeing you so exhausted, as if you would collapse any minute.

"Good morning, I hope you slept well." He greeted smiling as he did to make you feel better.

You let out a slow laugh and then a yawn. "Like a rock. How about you?" You asked as you both started to walk.

"Yeah, I've been sleeping well too. Are you..." He began only for you to wave your hand in dismissal. 

"I'm fine," and you stopped moving only to fave the male. "This is temporary until I'm able to control my emotions better. "

He didn't like it but if it was either seeing you look tired rather than you looking so scared, then he could accept it. "Okay." And allowed you to lead the way. Once outside, you let him take the lead.

Junpei led you to a building that had rooms, each was numbered. Though it seemed most rooms were empty until you both reached a certain room. Junpei opened it and let you enter.

There weren't as many students as you'd expect, though their gazes landed on you as soon as you entered. There was silence and the teacher seemed like he wasn't sure whether he would have you introduce yourself or not. But you resolved that issue when you headed to the back of the room, Junpei following you. Though you spotted him sending a shy smile to the student on his way.

You weren't paying much attention to anyone, all you wanted was to just take a seat. And you hoped, wished you wouldn't fall asleep. The teacher began to talk, math it seemed, and as he did, your eyes began to slowly close. They would have closed completely if you didn't feel a stare, a pair of eyes on you.

Struggling to keep your eyes open, you glanced around to see who it was. A young male, with dark blue eyes, and long hair. And quite honestly, he looked slightly like Junpei. He sent you a strained smile, and you could see why. There's a huge, scary-looking curse at his side. It looked as if it would attack you at any moment.

Nothing, you felt nothing, and if you had a choice you wouldn't even spare a smile. You feel just that tired, and just numb? But despite it all, you knew it was rude not to smile so you did, and you even sent a small wave.

After that, you received more glances and you did the same. Sent a smile and then a wave. And then you lost the battle and fell asleep on your desk and it felt like it was five minutes when you felt a hand on your shoulder and then someone shook you.

Grogginess still plagued your mind but you managed to open your eyes. Jubpei watched you with worried eyes, and he had to shake you again when your eyelids began to fall again.

After shaking you for a couple of minutes, you finally woke up. "I'm sorry, I just can't keep my eyes open. " You yawned and then you stood up.

"Miss [Last Name]," the teacher called out, "I've been informed of your case, so I understand." He grabbed some papers from his desk and although hesitant, walked to you. He then handed you the papers, "These are today's notes, I hope you can go over them when you're feeling better."

After you thanked him, you both left. Outside the room though, your other students were waiting. The one with the curse was the first one to come to you both, he offered his hand and it seemed that curse had trouble holding back. "Hi, I'm Yuta Okkotsu, it's nice to meet you."

A platinum-blonde male with purple-colored eyes came forward as well, but instead of speaking, he offered a smile and a wave. " Thats Toge Inumaki." Junpei introduced.

The other person there was a dark green-haired woman who wasn't glaring at you, but her gaze wasn't friendly either. But she was later introduced as Maki Zenin.

After that, the day was far from being over. There were other classes you had to go to. In which you came to meet a few others.

That last thing you had to do was train, but with your lack of motivation, you were excused and allowed to go home.

Shōko was alerted that you've slept through most of your classes. Which wasn't the goal. She thought you'd be able to handle those doses, considering you've been on medication for years. But she supposed you deserved that little break. Besides, all worked in their favor. There were no mishaps and you were getting the hang of things, and even getting to know the others.

Everything was as it was supposed to be. Or at least, that's what everyone thought. They'll be so but so wrong.

Note: I'll be doing some time skipping soon. And I hope you guys are ready for what's to come. This won't be your typical heroine story kind of thing.