4. The Night

My eyes widen at her words and I don't believe my own ears. This has to be a joke.

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not. I know it's hard to believe but it's true, the police just found his body." By now, her eyes are watery as she tries to take my hand in hers.

"No, you're lying!" I screech and whip my hand away from hers as tears flow down her cheeks.

"No that can't be true..." My voice comes out as a whisper. Tears start stream down my face as I find it hard to breath, my heart is pounding against my chest and my hands are shaking along with my body.

I storm out of the bathroom with Nina following me. Everyone looks at me while I make my way to the principal's office. Just when I get to the door, Nina grasps my arm and looks me in the eyes.

"You can't go in Lisa." Why doesn't she want me to go in?

"Let go of me!" I yank my arm out of her hands and walk in. Logan's parents are already sitting there along with the principal.

"Lisa?" Logan's father questions in surprise as he sees me, I noticed that his wife is crying, sobbing really.

"Is it true?" i ask almost impatient

"Lisa we..."

"Is it true?!" I scream as the tears start to resurface.

"Ms. Edward, please follow me." Mr. Garry, the principal,  demands of me as he leads me out of the room and to the empty hall. The bell had rang quite a while ago so every student is gone by now.

"Mr. Garry, please tell me." I beg as more tears escape my eyes.

"The police found Logan's body this morning. He's gone, Ms. Edward."

"Who killed him?" I manage to ask even though I know I don't want to know. Right now, I just want to drive away, snuggle up in my bed and cry.

"They don't know yet. An officer found his body in the woods. All they know is that he got many stabs in his stomach and he lost a lot of blood."

I nod trying to hold back the tears but fail, they're back and it seems they will keep coming back.

"Ms. Edward, you should go home and get some rest. I know that you and Logan were in a relationship but try not to think about this too much. Let the police do their work."

"Okay." I quietly say and let Mr. Garry walk me to the door and attempt to comfort me. I say goodbye to him then get into my car and drive away.

• • •

I've been crying for hours now, my mom and dad tried their best to comfort me as soon as they found out about Logan but I locked myself in my room, avoiding them.

I look out the window and notice that it's dark already. I go into the bathroom, about to shower but I end up sitting on the floor and crying.

After about 15 minutes of crying, I get dressed and lie on my bed, not knowing what to do but think about Logan, about us. I still can't believe that he's gone... Yesterday he was still with me but now... 

He left me. He's gone.

I hide my face in my pillow and start to cry again, it hurts so much.

I turn around to grab my phone which is buzzing on my desk, it's Liam.

"Lisa, are you alright?" How should I answer him? Say that I'm fine that my boyfriend is dead?

"I'm sure you know how I feel right now, Liam."