Ties

»»-----¤-----««Bethany's Pov»»-----¤-----««

Best. Night. Ever.

I can still feel the lingering effects of last night's adventures on my body. I ended up staying over, and honestly, I have no regrets whatsoever. As I sit up, the gentle touch of her silky bedsheets caresses my palm. The bed lets out a faint creak, its sound reverberating within the confines of the room. My vision feels hazy, like peering underwater without my trusty diving goggles.

Rubbing my tired eyes, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the sizzling symphony of bacon tantalize my senses. Slowly, I rise from the bed, my bare feet gliding across the smooth wooden floor of her cozy apartment. And there, before me, lies a sight so breathtaking that not even the enigmatic Mona Lisa can rival its beauty.

Lea, standing right in front of me in the kitchen, is twirling and singing to herself, completely lost in her own little universe. She's wearing these silky shorts and a top that barely covers anything, which would definitely make the fabric police cringe. It's almost like a bra, that's how short it is.

I can't help but wonder if I should say something or just let her be. She's in her own magical world, filled with art, music, sunshine, rainbows and an overwhelming number of cats. She gives off this vibe of being a cat girl, and it's quite endearing.

The solid doorframe digs into my arm as I lean against it, arms crossed, simply observing her. It's a nightly ritual I have no qualms about. My usual observation spot where I usually observe from for work, I now watch her from there as well. The empty building has turned into my own personal sanctuary, offering the ideal vantage point of her apartment. Apart from my boss, I haven't devoted myself to anyone like this in years.

I take a moment to appreciate the scene before me, committing every detail to memory. The way Lea's hair falls in gentle waves around her face, the sunlight streaming through the window and casting a golden halo around her, the way she moves with such grace and freedom. It's mesmerizing, watching her in this unguarded moment.

As she dances, her movements fluid and effortless, I can't help but feel a warmth blossom in my chest. It's a feeling I've been trying to ignore, but now, in the quiet of the morning with just the two of us in this little bubble of domesticity, it's impossible to deny.

Lea finally notices my presence and freezes mid-twirl, a blush creeping up her cheeks. I can see the surprise and uncertainty in her eyes, and for a moment, we just stand there, locked in a silent exchange.

"... Bacon?" she asks awkwardly. Without a word, I push myself off the doorframe and walk towards her, closing the distance between us. I reach out to gently tuck a loose strand of hair behind Lea's ear, my touch light and tender. Her blush deepens, but she doesn't pull away. Instead, she leans into my touch ever so slightly, her eyes searching mine for any sign of what I'm thinking.

Without breaking eye contact, I answer her question with a smile, "Bacon sounds perfect right now." Lea's lips curl into a shy grin as she turns back to the stove, flipping the sizzling bacon with practiced ease.

The air between us crackles with unspoken words. It feels like the world outside doesn't exist, leaving just the two of us in this little bubble. As the bacon finishes cooking, Lea sets a plate down in front of me with a playful smirk. 

"Best bacon you'll ever have," she declares confidently, though her eyes betray a hint of vulnerability.

"Oh really?" My eyes glance up, meeting hers. "You're setting up expectations now."

Lea's smirk widens into a mischievous grin as she leans against the countertop, crossing her arms. "Oh, I can back it up," she retorts playfully, her eyes sparkling with challenge. I take a bite, savoring the crispy yet tender texture bursting with flavors that dance on my taste buds. Lea watches me intently, a mix of nerves and excitement in her expression.