Chapter 63: I'm sorry...

A/N: This chapter contains instances of violence and might be a little triggering to some people. Proceed with caution.

Thank heavens the airbags worked.

Sarah reacted fast and scrambled out the door, stepping onto an uneven floor. She tripped, and almost fell, but supported herself on all fours. And as luck would have it, her foot landed into a rat hole and all her weight shifted onto the wrong foot. Pain shot through her ankle and she fell forward. "Damn, couldn't this rat dig another place!" she cursed, trying her best to hold in the pain.

"You woman, I am going to kill you!" Sam shouted as he tried to get out of the car. He had bumped his head somewhere and blood oozed out of the cut, smearing the left side of his forehead.

The sudden shout startled Sarah. She wanted nothing but to get away from this man as far as possible. If all went well, she never wanted to see him ever again in her life. She struggled to her feet wanting to run, but her left foot ruined her plans. Since running was out of the question, she had nothing else to do but limp away.

"Sarah, what kind of enmity do you have with me? I only asked for a night and you wrecked my car!" Sam shouted, anger pulsating through each word. "There should be a limit to acting pure. Don't take yourself too seriously!"

Sarah glanced back and noticed him getting closer. Apart from a minor injury somewhere on his head, he was in perfect condition.  A thin layer of cold sweat covered her forehead from the excruciating shooting from her injury. She knew couldn't outrun him, but at least she had to try, right? Perhaps a miracle might happen.

"Still trying to run, huh?" he said as he narrowed the distance between them. He grabbed her by the shoulder and yanked her back. Sarah couldn't withstand such force and fell back, landing perfectly on his chest. It would have been a perfect scene if not for the awkward circumstances.

"Oh, it seems you can't wait anymore," he mocked. "If you had been this obedient from the start, none of this would have happened." She struggled out of this position but he dragged her back to the car.

Sam pressed her against the car and leaned forward to kiss her. She bit his lip hard until it drew blood, and pushed him away. Taking advantage of his daze, she slapped him across the face with all her remaining strength.

"Sarah, you crashed my car and now you are acting tough? Do you know how much this rim costs?" he drew closer but this time, he did not try kissing her.  He ran his filthy fingers on her face with a disgusting smile on his face, whispering, "You won't be able to pay for it even if you sold your entire family."

"You know what? You should have died in the desert."

"What?" he flared up, "how dare you curse me! Who are you acting chaste for? Isn't this what all poor girls like yourself do to get rich instantly?"

"You are disgusting." Sarah spat on him and scrunched her face in disgust. 

He grabbed her shirt trying to rip it open while Sarah crossed her hands tightly across her chest. The furious struggle made his blood boil and his eyes turned redder. He tugged her clothes and the poor material could not withstand the force. It ripped in an instant. His nails scratched her collarbone, drawing some blood.

Slowly she started losing any hope as her struggle was futile. Her heart sank deeper as her shirt ripped open. Tears pooled in her eyes, threatening to drop at any moment. She cursed Henry in her heart for bringing her to this deserted place. She prayed for any car to pass by; just one. It would be her last chance to escape this nightmare.

Just as the last shred of hope disappeared, she heard a muffled thud and the weight on her body lessened. She opened her eyes and a furious Henry appeared. He punched Sam in the face and  Sam staggered a few steps back.