Chapter 73- Candles

Y/N POV:

A bit of time went by and your belly ached from hunger. You lifted the covers off you and started to walk down the creaky, wide stairs.

I'll just check up on alastor...if he's in the basement I won't go in. I don't want to see him munching on a foot...

If he's in the kitchen making breakfast then great, but I ain't risking seeing a decapitated...

"Hand! ALASTOR WHY ARE YOU HOLDING A HAND?!" As you opened the door Alastor was chopping up an arm and had two large pots simmering on the stove, almost blocking the view to the window.

"Why are you downstairs?!" He quickly turned around, nervously pulling a bloody cloth over the mutilated limbs. He looked like a child has been caught doing something bad, it made you giggle slightly but you shrugged it away.

"W-was I going to EAT that?! Were you going to tell me that I would be gobbling up some human body parts?!" You stuttered but your voice was bitter and Alastor looked startled.

"Listen, calm dow-"

"Stop saying that! You listen here Mister." You poked your finger harshly into his chest, making him take a few steps back.
"You better empty out whatever you put into those pots and make it again because I'm not eating any human today."

"Are you still on your period?" He tilted you head at you.

WHAT?!

"What did you just say to me?" Your eyes widened and Alastors smile fell a little and a slight blush tinted his face.

"No, no no, not in a rude way...it's just that you are very angry all of a sudden..." He took another step back, putting his hands up in surrender and you furrowed your brows furiously at him.

"All of a sudden?! Mr Alastor Hartfelt, it's not normal to EAT humans!" You yelled.

"You said you didn't mind me being a cannibal!" He spoke in a normal tone.

"Did I ever seem enthusiastic about it? No. But I love you and I accept who you are." You sighed, calming yourself down.

"I was making it separately anyways, don't you see TWO different pots." Alastor mumbled.

"Oh..." You decided to change the subject slightly embarrassed. "So, the man we took last night is dead?"

"Hmm, I'm not sure...wanna ask him?" He pointed to the boiling pots, few chunks of meat bopping around inside.

Gross.

"Ha Ha, very funny." You were not amused.

"What are you making anyways? Im starving." You asked, lifting the other pot lid.

"This will be our dinner and-"

"Dinner? I can't wait that long?! " You interrupted and he glanced down at you annoyed, placing the lid back onto the pot.

"Shh, Let me finish talking..."

Don't shh me bitch.

"...as I was saying, this will be our dinner, it's my mothers recipe for gumbo and you leave it to simmer for a few hours till it reaches perfection! OH also did you know that gumbo can be made with or without okra or filé powder. The preferred method in the historical New Orleans variation is with a French dark roux. The flavor of the dish has its origins in many cultures..." He pushed up his glasses slightly and bought his hand to his chin in thought.