London

When Travis arrived home after a long day on set, he was surprised to find the house quiet. Usually Taylor would have music playing softly while she was working, but even as he approached her office, there was nothing but silence.

"Tay?" he called out, "I'm home, sweetie."

He carefully opened the office door, finding the room empty. Taylor's laptop was still open on the desk, right next to her current notebook with all her notes about the upcoming European tour leg. She was definitely home, since all the cars were in the garage and the security team had greeted Travis as he drove into the driveway. Figuring she must be in the bedroom, Travis quietly made his way upstairs, not wanting to startle her if she was in the middle of something.

But the sight Travis was met with as he walked into their bedroom was not what he expected at all. Taylor was curled up in their bed, clinging to his pillow as if her life depended on it. Upon closer inspection as he approached her, she was asleep, but had seemingly been crying based on the dried tearstains on her cheeks and how red and puffy her eyelids were. She had borrowed one of his old hoodies, one of the ones that had been stretched out from years of washing so she could pull the sleeves down to cover her hands.

He was questioning whether or not to wake her up and see what was upsetting her, but the decision was made for him when she started shaking in her sleep, clearly having a nightmare. He quickly sat down on the side of the bed, pulling her into a tight hug and trying to wake her.

"Shhh, Tay you're okay, my love," he cooed, "It's me. You're having a nightmare, sweetheart."

Taylor slowly blinked awake, her tears flowing once again as she came back to reality.

"Hey beautiful," Travis whispered, pulling Taylor closer to his chest, "What's going on?"

"Just a bad dream," Taylor sniffled, "It's uhh... it's been a rough day."

"I'm sorry, baby. Do you want to talk about it?" Travis asked.

Taylor just shook her head before resting it against Travis's chest, allowing his steady heartbeat to quiet her racing mind. Travis gently rubbed her back, knowing that usually helped her when she got anxious. He could feel her slowly start to relax, her breathing becoming less shallow and her shoulders becoming less tense. They stayed like that for a while before Taylor was finally ready to talk.

"We were finalizing places to stay for the European dates today," Taylor began.

"Oh?" Travis asked, not quite sure where Taylor was going with this.

"I uhh... I have to decide where I want to stay for the time in the UK. Tree wasn't sure if I'd want to use the house in London or if it would be better to find somewhere outside of the city. I'll obviously stay somewhere closer to each stadium on show days but we're trying to figure out a home base for the month," Taylor explained.

"Oh uhh... what are you thinking?" Travis asked.

"I have no clue," Taylor answered, "Just thinking about being back there sort of made me start spiraling. I'm sorry you have to deal with this."

"Hey, hey, don't even start. I want to help you figure this all out, but you need to talk to me, baby," Travis urged.

"I just... I'm scared, Trav," she whispered.

"Oh sweetheart," Travis cooed, "I can't even imagine how overwhelming this all must be. What's scaring you the most right now?"

"I guess it's just the not knowing how I'll react to being back. There's just so many memories. Some really good ones but a lot of bad ones too," Taylor explained.

"That makes sense. Have you been back at all since uhh... since everything?" Travis asked.

"Just when I went to that premiere, but we were in and out so quickly I didn't even have time to think about the fact that I was back in London."

"Okay yeah this is definitely a much longer stretch then," Travis replied, pulling his phone out to double check the dates.

Taylor saw him looking at their joint calendar and pulled out her own phone, carefully checking the dates he had added.

"This uhh... this might be a lot to ask, since you have minicamp and stuff, but could you maybe come with me for the first few days?" Taylor asked, looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

"I think I can probably make that work," Travis smiled, "We were planning that I would go to the shows in France anyway, so maybe I could fly in with you and we can take those few days to get you settled and make sure everything's good."

"Really? You'd do that for me?" Taylor asked, tears brimming in her eyes once again.

"Of course, Princess. I'd do anything to make you feel safe and happy," Travis reassured her, gently kissing the top of her head, "Now why don't you call Tree back to let her know, and I'll go heat up dinner for us."