Foreword

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read my story. Before I begin to tell you this tale, I'd like to explain what this story is about and what to expect without giving away any spoilers.

Basically, this story is heavily based on the official Pokémon trainer games as well as the anime. Certain events that happen within the games and anime also take place within this story, however, the events can be slightly or even heavily altered due to the different natures of the main characters. They will often approach things differently from the way Ash and company/Red do, making for a whole rollercoaster of different alterations. Besides these events, however, there will be storylines and characters of my own making as well.

This story has nothing to do with the manga, sorry for the misleading title.

This will be a long-term project that I want to span over several 'sagas' the first being Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, etc as such the story takes place when most Kantonians aren't aware of the outside world beyond their borders and their knowledge of Pokémon from other regions is limited for now. In other words: the original saga will only have the first 151 Pokémon in it, with a few exceptions, and will be expanded per region. The movesets will also be based on generation. Thus only the moves original to Gen I will be shown in this saga.

I'll also be making a note of explaining things to people who aren't familiar with Pokémon at all, so this might be a great story if you're wondering how the world of Pokémon works exactly, but you've had no previous or little experience with it, so it's easy to understand.

IMPORTANT: On the 2nd page of this story, I'll be listing the Pokémon the main characters have from their latest point in their journey that I've written as well as their current movesets, so make sure to skip to 'chapter 1' from the table of contents in the top left of the page if you don't want any spoilers!