Chapter 74-Fireflies

Alastors POV:

"What are we going to do now?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Are we just going to live here, everyday? Sometimes going out in the night?" She sighed, leaning into me.

"Oh! I'm going to try and get my job back. I'm sure if I use my persuasive, charming ways I'll reach the top again!" I enthusiastically exclaimed.

"Yeah..." She spoke with a hint of sadness.

"Are you going to go back to work at the cafe? I missed your morning coffee." I cheered her up.

"...I could try but William and Mary won't know who I am and I don't want to get upset. I'll probably scare them, imagine if a stranger you just met looked at you all tearfully." She explained, looking down.

"I understand, I can come with you?"

"That would really help me, thank you."

It went quiet for a moment.

"I'm glad you live here, it's peaceful." She spoke, gazing up at the stars.

"It is, isn't it." I smiled softly, taking a deep breath.

An idea popped into my head and I pulled y/n up by her hand.

"Where are we going?" She asked, quietly giggling.

"Just further into the bayou, don't worry you are safe with me chère~"

She held my hand tighter as we walked, it was frosty but the humid air engulfed us as we descended further into the woodland. The thin mud squelched underneath our feet and eventually we were surrounded by the dim lights of fireflies that softly illuminated our faces.

"This is...beautiful." She gasped, her smile was childlike but relaxed as she admired our ethereal surroundings.

You are perfect for me mon amour~

"I adore your alluring smile, my love."As I softly spoke she turned towards me and hugged me close.

"I adore you, Alastor. I wouldn't change a thing, I'm so glad I found you." She sniffled into my chest. 

"I'm glad I found you too~" I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Did you know fireflies symbolize love, passion, seasonal change and departed souls. Well that's what I believe." I shrugged.

"I like that a lot, I think the small, simple things in life that matter the most. They inspire us to take a moment to slow down, ground ourselves in the moment, and appreciate all that surrounds us." She spoke from the bottom of her heart and her words were elegant.

"That's true, you matter the most to me though." I chuckled.

"Always~"

I looked deeply into her eyes, my passion, my affection were all there. I smiled as the beat of my heart picked up like a kick drum.

The sound of the world around us faded away as our lips touched, moving without even a thought.

As the kiss deepened, my fingers pressed against her hips, sliding lower down her back as desire floated between the two of us. The sounds of our heartbeats moving in sync with each other.

Our the lips slipped apart for a mere moment as we gasped for air before a magnetic force pushed us together once again.
The heat of the moment caused me to melt into her touch, the second kiss lasting a bit longer before we pulled apart, our eyes shining with a want and longing for closeness.

"Y/n, would you like to share the same last name?" I asked with a genuine smile through heavy breaths.

"Are you asking me to marry you?" She stuttered.

Does she not want to? Did I just fuck up?

My chest felt tight and my mind was racing, she was just looking up at me like a deer in headlights.

————————————————————
A/N

————————————————————A/N