Chapter 75- Ridiculous

Y/N POV:

"Yes, I can't imagine my life without you in it." He stated.

"YES!" You squealed and jumped into him, both of you stumbled and fell onto the muggy ground below, the fireflies flew away at the sudden outburst leaving you and Alastor in the dark.

"I love you so much~" You were now on-top of him and he looked slightly flustered at the position.

"My clothes are all damp and covered in mud now!" Alastor sighed.

"Oh no, what a shame!~" You smirked and wiped mud onto his face, gradually standing up.

"Y/n! I just proposed and now we are covered in dirt, lovely."

You chuckled and helped him up and his eyes squinted down at you.

"Is everything okay, what's with the weird expression?" You asked and he looked extremely distressed.

"Where are my glasses?!" He rubbed his eyes and franticly looked around, you helped him try and find his round glasses but it was to no avail.

"Shit!" He groaned and sighed in frustration. "I have spares at home, although they don't suit my face at all."

"You would look handsome in anything, I'm sure you look great~"

"I'm not going anywhere until I buy new ones, you will agree with me once you have seen them."

You made your way back home, Alastor tripping over a few times which you giggle. He was now searching in his bedside drawer as you sat up against the headboard of the bed.

"Okay, promise you won't laugh." He sighed.

"I promise."

"Okay..." He took a deep breath and turned to face you. His eyes were enlarged, the glass frames were round and clung to his face, he looked utterly ridiculous.

You raised your hands to your mouth, trying to contain the laugh that almost exploded out of you.

"I told you they were horrible!" He furrowed his brows with his arms crossed, which made him look more hilarious.

"I understand why you wouldn't want to be seen wearing them!" You laughed aloud.

"You promised!" He exclaimed and instantly took off his glasses.

"I apologize, I can't take you seriously looking like that but cmon you have to wear them, how can you see me without them?" You replied with a chuckle.

"I'm only semi-blind in one eye, It's so annoying!" He explained and joined you in bed, lifting the sheets over the both of you. "I can still see your alluring, perfect body~." His hands trailed down your side and you snuggled up close to him.

As his touch turned more passionate you lifted your hands to his chest, undoing his buttons.

Suddenly a surge of fear and adrenaline shot through you and you shuffled away. Pushing him back, his expression was extremely confused.

"Did I do something wrong chère?" He asked.

"No it's just-"