Chapter 24

⚠️‼️⚠️🚨WARNING!! THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN HOMOPHOBIC SLURS!! THIS IS NOT ME GIVING PERMISSION FOR ANY STRAIGHT PERSON TO SAY THESE HORRENDOUS WORDS!🚨⚠️‼️⚠️

-Izukus POV-
I get up and throw the covers off. I toss my clothes in the sink and scrub them by hand. Aizawa walks in and checks out the noise.

"What are you washing?"

"Clothes." I answer simply. He's befuddled by my answer. I chuckle. As soon as I finish washing them I ring them out. He watches me intently.

"You do know we have a washing machine, right?" He rhetorically asks.

"I know, I just didn't want to waste water or anything. That costs money." I continue ringing them out until they're damp.

"So? You live here dummy. You need clean clothes. We can wash them." He says.

"It's fine. I do this all the time, I can do it now. Besides, it saves money." I nonchalantly state with a shrug.

"But you don't have to anymore. It's literally like fifty extra cents to wash your damn clothes." I tilt my head. I carry my clothes out and hand them to dry.

"I'd feel guilty. It's fine, I can just do this." I place clips on the shirts and pants.

"Well don't be. Also, we're leaving at 15:00. Just so you know." I nod.

"Okay, thanks. Wait, why?" I question.

"Therapy." He answers like it's obvious.

"Oh." I disappointedly speak. I really don't want to go all Dr Phill on my emotions today.

"We'll be right there with you. Anything that you don't want to talk about, you don't have to. We'll work at your own pace, okay?" He assures.

"Okay." He smiles and leaves. I sit in my bed. I grab my phone and check my messages. I prepare myself first before opening them, however I'm interrupted by Kacchan calling me. I quickly shut the bedroom door and walk into the bathroom before shutting that door too. I muffle it with a towel and answer.

"Hey! Did you get any more messages?" He asks.

"I was actually just about to check."

"Ohhh, wait keep me on the line while you do it." Confusion strikes me.

"Why?"

"So I can see the fucker get absolutely decked, and so I can help you if you start freaking out or have a moment or something." I share my screen and open messages. Sure enough, Claire is there. Fuck her.

"Who the fuck?" He shouts.

"It was Hisashi's and Inko's mutual friend." My voice comes out fragile. I click on the texts. I'm bombarded with threats, flirts, and sadly tit pics. I take my time reading each message.

'Hey! It's Claire. I heard about you yelling at your dad's old friend. Thought maybe you'd give me a shot. I mean, he's a man. He has no shot of getting with you. Maybe a fine young man such as yourself would like to get with me. Y'know, unless you're a fucking faggot like half these men today. Maybe I could fix you, darling.' Disgust fills me.

"What the fuck? Who says that? Deku, you're not.. y'know. You're not that word. Promise." I've heard my old dad say it a few times, I guess this just hurts in a different way. Insults flash between my ears.

"Deku, there's nothing wrong with being gay if you are. There's nothing to fix about you. You're amazing as is." Tears flash my eyes. I scroll down only to be flashed with a picture of hers. I scroll down once more and a video my mom filmed of me, Claire, and my old dad pops up. Memories pop up in my brain like money flies out of a card on Christmas day.