Chapter 12: Close The Portal

From Staten Island Raph, Donnie, Mikey, and Y/n sit in silence, a feeling of dread hanging over them.

Raph sat on the concrete ground, choking back agonized tears, balling his fists in anguish. Donnie and Y/n stood together, Y/n resting their forehead on Donnie's shoulder. Donnie brings his right hand to his face feeling the tears that ran down his face and soaked into his mask, barely processing the fact that he was crying.

On the inside he feels completely numb and hopeless, tragically realizing they were too late to save his beloved twin brother, and they really couldn't bring him back. Feeling Y/n shuddering and crying against his shoulder, he unconsciously puts a hand between their shoulder blades, trying to give them both a bit of comfort.

Mikey stood, facing the city, he clenched his fists, his brows furrowed as tears prick his eyes.

He refused to believe his brother was gone.
He just... couldn't be gone.
There had to be something he could do!
He had to try!

He extended his hands out in front of him, trying to focus as tears leaked from his eyes as the sobs took over. Even if Casey was wrong about him, he had to try.

"Mikey, it's over..." Raph spoke in a soft tone to his younger brother.

Y/n rubbed their eyes, turning around, their head spinning slightly. "Mikey..." They murmured, trying to go over and comfort him.

"Leo never gave up on us! I'm not giving up on him!" Mikey snapped, concentrating his efforts on his hands. Silently begging that something, anything, would happen.

A bright light engulfed Mikey as he gave out one last sobbing cry. Sparks of bright golden mystic energy cracked the air in front of him.

"Whoa! Mikey! Whatever you're doing don't stop!"

A flicker of hope lit inside all of them , as the sparks of mystic energy grew, forming the shape of a portal in front of them. Golden cracks started to grow up Mikey's arms as the portal gets wider. Raph, Donnie, and Y/n join in, putting their hands on Mikey's shoulders, as they did so Mikey's gaze shifted over to them before refocusing on the shifting portal in front of them.

"We're here, Mikey. Together." Raph's tone was full of determination and he seemed completely confident in his little brother.

Soon, the cracks began to spread through the others, until the brother's eyes glowed a golden color, like their mystic energy was going into overdrive. Y/n shuddered as the cracks began to grow up their arms, a tearing pain began to grow in their chest and they grew woozy, it was a similar sensation as loosing too much blood. Like something was draining their essence.

But soon, they could see through the blinding light into what they could only assume was the prison dimension. They saw Leo, who looked badly injured and weak as he stretched out a hand to the light. They watch as he blinks, his eyes adjusting to the light. A smile stretching across his face once he sees his brothers and Y/n instead of what he assumed was the afterlife.

"Took you guys long enough." Leo choked out. Raph immediately using his red mystic phantom aura to reach out and catch Leo's hand.

"Leo!" Raph shouted, but the moment of hope was shattered as the Krang appeared behind Leo.

Donnie, in a moment of pure rage all directed at the Krang for what he had done, managed to use his staff to summon a mystic purple drill using his powers and launch it at the Krang.